"Out of the Frying Pan" - Book II: Catching the Spark (Part Two) - {complete}

Sinuhe

First Post
Missed opportunity

Well, I had to venture a guess I would say that it has to do with the fact that Beorth ran from the fight and didnt' even attempt to go inside the cave after the Ram even though he knew that he was in there....

Not to mention Beorth is being lead by the other characters, not making his own decisions...

But those are only my guesses....

loxmyth

First Post
Not to mention Beorth is being lead by the other characters, not making his own decisions...

It seems to me that different characters lead at different times. I never really get the sense that there is one de-facto leader in the group - in fact, it seems the group spends as much time arguing amongst themselves as they do adventuring!

When you made this statement, Sinuhe, it didn't really seem that Beorth was really being a follower, just part of a group.

At least, that is how I take it from reading this story hour. Does the group consider someone to be the leader in fact? Just curious.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
For those who are interested, portraits of some of the PCs have been posted in the Rogue's Gallery Thread - HERE.

The drawings were done by Colleen Flanagan.

Cyronax

Explorer
cool pics!

I like the pictures a lot. Ratchis and Chance sure look a lot different than I had imagined. I always pictured Chance as kind of like Steven (the crazy Irishman) from Braveheart. As for Ratchis, I remember Nemm posting a picture of that big guy from that French movie Village of the Lost Children.

Regardless, they're still damned good!

C.I.D.

Sinuhe

First Post
I guess in many ways our group doesn't have a "leader" per se.We all tend to rely on the leadership of Ratchi in the forest and we also depend on Ratchis and Kazrac to enter into the fray first...

I guess there is no clear cut "leader" in our group and I really dont' think that our group has selected one yet. We are a pretty democratic group in general with each character taking the lead in the issues that matter the most to that character....

I meant in this case that Beorth retreated after being told to do so, even though he knew that the ram was inside that cave. Sort of lost faith in himself and in the ram.

Cyronax

Explorer
Well, another BUMP! This still remains my favorite story hour, and the most recent updates have been pretty slow in coming.

I really hate to whine (which I'm doing of course :D) since I know how hard it can be to keep momentum going on a story hour (geez look at the pace of my own story hour.....), but me (and many other loyal readers) are going through withdrawals here!

C.I.D.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases