"Out of the Frying Pan"- Book IV - Into the Fire [STORY HOUR COMPLETED - 12/25/06]

Jon Potter

First Post
Me? Stop reading?

el-remmen said:
I had actually thought you had stopped reading as I had not seen a comment from you in a long long time.

No way! I'm just a lurker by nature. I always read the updates as soon as I saw them.

Also, I just started your story hour. . . is there a downloadable compiled version somewhere?

There is, on the Story Hour Archive right here at ENWorld. It's just not easy to recognize for what it is. Tale One, Tale Two, and Tale Three are mine. And I'm pretty sure that they bring the reader right up to the start of the SH.

Manzanita

First Post
This story hour is what brought me to ENworld as well. It's been a great read & has been a big influence on my own DMing. I'll miss it, but will follow any new story hour your write, El Remmen. I loved the way it ended, with most of the PCs off on new, level-appropriate adventures. Perhaps we'll hear more about them; I'd love to.

Thanks for everything, El-Remmen. It was time well spent for me.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Manzanita said:
This story hour is what brought me to ENworld as well.

That amazes me just because I can't see how it'd happen. Seems so random. :)

Manzanita said:
It's been a great read & has been a big influence on my own DMing. I'll miss it, but will follow any new story hour your write, El Remmen. I loved the way it ended, with most of the PCs off on new, level-appropriate adventures. Perhaps we'll hear more about them; I'd love to.

Thanks for everything, El-Remmen.

Thanks for all the kind words, now and over the last couple years. They are sincerely appreciated.

Manzanita said:
It was time well spent for me.

But would your wife agree? ;)

handforged

First Post
Thank you! While I can't say that the story hour is how I found ENworld, it is the only thing that I come here for anymore. I have truly enjoyed the story all the way through and I absolutely loved the ending. I would like to see writeups of the follow-up sessions, but perhaps as a complete epilogue released at one time. Please tell your players how much we all enjoyed reading about their campaign, and remind yourself what a good job you did, both as a DM and as a writer.

Thanks again.

~hf

Richard Rawen

First Post
I just wanted to add my 2 coppers to the kudos... this SH has been a wonderful source of entertainment and inspiration. Thank you so much for your many long hours of time and to all your players for helping make this a memorable experience for us as well.

Blessings
Richard Rawen
M < > <

Dawn

First Post
Let me pass along my congratulations on this most entertaining (and inspirational) story hour. This was the first one I started to read after coming to EN World. I lost my way for some time (actually stopped reading all stories as real life got in the way), but when I got back on the boards I started again with this story.

Going be sad not having these characters around on my lunch hour any longer!

Good luck to you and your players in the next game. Keep us in mind and start posting installments of the new game!

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks again, everyone.

Prep for the next Aquerra game, "Second Son of a Second Son", is in high gear and we hope to begin on the 21st of January, which means the first installment of that story hour might come as early as mid-February. . . but we'll see.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
I'm just getting back from an extended time away. I've very much enjoyed your written representation of your game. Your perseverence to complete it is notable and commendable. I thank you for hours of enjoyment.

GW

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Hey all!

While I am not ready to start posting my new campaign's story hour yet, we have played the first session, and one of the players have begun to keep a journal for his character, Bleys Winter here in the story hour forum: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=185962

Should be an interesting perspective, and one that will be fun to contrast against the story hour to come, which will have a broader P.O.V.

Cheers!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases