• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Over)Zealous Paladins

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: i was going to suggest stwo hour watches, but skipping over to the morning sounds like nothing will happen to night! fine by me.

Jack of Tales

First Post
Morning brings the smells of the market and the sounds accompanying it. Fresh breads, foul stenches, perfumes and exotic spices all meld together to create a cacophony of scent. The sound of screeching birds, yelling peddlers and loud merchants makes it hard to hold a conversation without leaning close to one another.

Chioma is already awake and cooking what looks like a breakfast of bacon, eggs and hard rolls over the fireplace. Adelphie and another girl with the long blonde hair and pale skin of a Keldonian native sit by a short table waiting for food. The males of the family, Xenter and Bujune, are no where to be found.

After you awake Chioma invites you to join her and the girls for dinner. She introduces the youngest girl as Adede and of course you have already met Adelphie. Apparently Adede is the leopard from last night. The small breakfast staves off your hunger and tastes quite good. The two girls scarf down their food before jetting out into the market for whatever it is young gypsy girls do. You can only hope that it doesn't involve theft.

As you finish your food Bujune dashes into the tent. "Zaprox, Gerard! Come quick something bad has happened. Those bastards have planned this all out to point right at us, I know it!" He then runs from the tent and leads you a short ways away to a large crowd around a small clearing in the market. In the middle of the clearing is a small boy who looks to have had his throat ripped out and numerous claw marks made over his body.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Zarpox takes his blade and runs after Bujune. As he runs after him, he asks "Is there anyone that can confirm any of you weren't there?"
The warlock looks upon the boys body with the obviously prepared claw wounds. He then looks into the crowd, to see if there wasn't anyone that could be related to the kid. If there are not, he will shout and approach the boy, to pick him out
"OH NO! My dear young brother! How! Who! This can not be!"

OOC:
Zarpox Performance

Scott DeWar

sense motive:
sense motive (1d20+2=3)

(ooc: wow, invis cast is not likeing me today)

Gerard will try to gage the crowd to see if there is anyone who is watching the body and part of the guilty party, but he seems out of the emotional loop today

so he will examine the wounds (are they seemingly made by a bladed weapon to look like a claw mark? are there flecks of alchemical silver in the wound? Am i sounding like a CSI detective yet?

Jack of Tales

First Post
Bujune looks at Zaprox with a shocked look on his face that gives the obvious, negative answer. "I was with Xenter all night walking the city. We have no proof that we weren't here!"

The warlock moves forward but before he can speak, three of Garrington's paladins step out of the crowd with a poor, sobbing woman. The woman runs forward and grabs the child screaming "Beasts! Devils took my child! My poor Zachary.." She breaks into tears and sits next to the corpse and hugs herself.

Gerard walks forward and looks at the wounds on the child. They seem to be claw marks. While he is still crouched nearby the three paladins walk forward. Two move to flank Gerard while the third walks up to Bujune and jabs him with a finger.

"You, sir, are under arrest for the murder of this child. I have here a Warrant for your arrest supplied to me by the Justicar guild. Come quietly or we will be forced to draw blades."

Bujune grits his teeth and growls, but he looks over at Zaprox and asks with his eyes, "What do I do?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"As you know its impossible that our clients are the murderers. Although, without inspecting the corpse, you already have a warrant against him, and casually you are already here, armed and ready with that paper you claim to have. Well, lets see it first shall we?" Zarpox says, positioning himself between the armored man and Bujune.

Jack of Tales

First Post
The paladin merely grins at you. "Impossible you say?" He turns to the crowd, "People of Redtol, this foreigner has come to our lands disguising his true self from us! He is a shapeshifter, a beast and a monster! Look at the claw wounds on this child. Could blade have done this? No I say! We recieved a Warrant for the arrest of those suspicious of this crime and we of the Order of the Shining Blade have warned the Justicars about the dangers of these creatures in our midst. We will interrogate those responsible and find the truth! Then they shall be judged before Hand himself."

The paladin looks at you and smiles maliciously before unrolling a small scroll and handing it over. "Take a look. It calls for the arrest of all Cargillinie members."

Scott DeWar

though fully aware of the flanking paladins, gerard will closely examine the wounds for a few seconds then slowly turning around and looking the lead inquisitor in the eyes announce, " i challenge you false claime that steel did not cause these wounds. ti is you who are wrong and are acting aout of pure hatred and predjidice. these people are well controled...better controld then the beastial actions of you false accusations."

he says so with the best calm in his voice that he can muster.

Remove ads