Paging Stefan! Are you OK?

Skarn Rapajya

First Post
shoggothic said:
Is there anybody out there?

[SNIP!]

However, after several attempts to reach anyone via EnWorld and/or the e-mail address provided on the TOGC website, I am still waiting for someone, anyone, to respond. Are you still in business? If so, PLEASE respond to my query, I would really appreciate it.
I noticed this post at the end of the Item Cards thread (from the first of October), and I'm concerned also.

I got an e-mail from Stefan back on 08-13 saying that he'd just gotten back from a vacation and would soon be looking at something I'd posted. Since then, there have been no updates to the TOGC website or replies from him here.

He's normally quite good about updating house rules submissions and responding to messages.

Has anybody heard from Stefan since mid-August (circa GenCon)?

BarbJebez

First Post
I, too am concerned.

I was really looking forward to the two Dungeon Bash expansions, Urban and The Wild. I know that they weren't at the forefront of the development stack but it looked promising that work was being completed on them.

Flyspeck23, where have you gone? We miss you.

Skarn Rapajya

First Post
BarbJebez said:
I, too am concerned.

I was really looking forward to the two Dungeon Bash expansions, Urban and The Wild. I know that they weren't at the forefront of the development stack but it looked promising that work was being completed on them.

Flyspeck23, where have you gone? We miss you.
The DB expansions remain at the top of my anticipated list also.

All would be well if there had been an announcement that he was going dark for a while to concentrate on getting DB Urban finished, but this dead silence is worrisome.

Flyspeck23

First Post
I'm alive and well, thanks for your concern :)

What I'm trying to do is going full-time with TOGC. And frankly that's much more work than anticipated. The thing is, I see TOGC as more than a PDF publisher ... (or else I could hardly do it full time).

Until that time I haven't got as much time to do the work related to our products as I'd like - if at all. Got to pay the rent and all.
(On top of that I really need a new PC, my current one isn't working reliable.)

The final DB Urban playtest hasn't started yet, because I don't want to ask people to be playtesters only to have them wait for months until they can start to do that. Don't get me wrong, DB Urban is nearly ready to be playtested, it's just that, as mentioned above, it's quite hard to finish. (And indeed the update to the CIC is a priority.)

Anyway, I know what I'm doing to you guys, but I'll try to make up for it. If the new edition is once again "open", customers who bought the old card will get hefty discounts on the new ones - and I'll probably do a free update of the DB rules. How about that?

Skarn Rapajya

First Post
Flyspeck23 said:
I'm alive and well, thanks for your concern :)

What I'm trying to do is going full-time with TOGC. And frankly that's much more work than anticipated.
Good to finally hear from you.

There's a reason why I never started a small business myself. Some of us (myself included in this group) are not cut out for that kind of work/working environment.

Any idea when your revenue stream will be enough to hire a personal assistant or press secretary? ;)

Flyspeck23 said:
The thing is, I see TOGC as more than a PDF publisher ... (or else I could hardly do it full time).
So, when will we see TOGC in our local game stores, and what can we expect to see beyond print editions of what's in PDF?

Flyspeck23 said:
Anyway, I know what I'm doing to you guys, but I'll try to make up for it. If the new edition is once again "open", customers who bought the old card will get hefty discounts on the new ones - and I'll probably do a free update of the DB rules. How about that?
You rock.

One request: If you're not already, please try to spend at least one or two days a month on communications (including website updates). Aside from those of us who get a little panicky (who me? :p), I saw what looked like a few newer folk reporting that they'd had trouble contacting you, and you wouldn't want to lose them as potential customers. :)

Last edited:

Flyspeck23

First Post
Skarn Rapajya said:
Any idea when your revenue stream will be enough to hire a personal assistant or press secretary? ;)
Not right away ;)
TOGC will still be me and some freelancers.
But we'll see, we'll see. I could definetly use some help ...

Skarn Rapajya said:
So, when will we see TOGC in our local game stores, and what can we expect to see beyond print editions of what's in PDF?

Well, I'm not entirely sure that there'll be print runs of our cards ... DB of course (as there already has been a POD) - it's a shame that the OGL doesn't allow miniatures to be included in OGL-games ...
What you will see are boardgames, more often than not with a RPG feel. The first will probably be a superhero boardgame, where each player plays ... well, a superhero, each with unique abilities and stats.
At least that's the plan, because I love RPGs and boardgames equally - and as you might guess I'm not afraid to mix them ;)

Skarn Rapajya said:
One request: If you're not already, please try to spend at least one or two days a month on communications (including website updates). Aside from those of us who get a little panicky (who me? :p), I saw what looked like a few newer folk reporting that they'd had trouble contacting you, and you wouldn't want to lose them as potential customers. :)
You're absolutely right.
My defense: if I haven't got anything to report, I don't report at all ... but, again, you're right, I should keep people up-to-date anyway.

Elsairon

First Post
Still looking forward eagerly to getting my hands on DB Urban & DB Wilds.

Hope all is going well, and best of luck to you and your crew Fly :)

Harneloot

Explorer
where is Stefan?

Wondering about Buff cards and if they've really been updated like it says on the TOGC website....?

Pretty much every product link on their web-site is now broken. You can still find the pdf's on RPGNow, but not using the links provided....

Anyone know the status on Buff cards?

Remove ads