• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo News - 6/4/2010

IronWolf

blank
Here are some interesting snippets from an email from Paizo Publishing regarding upcoming Pathfinder product line changes:

Paizo Publishing Email said:

We've also just announced a number of changes to our Pathfinder product lines that we hope will make the similarities and differences between the lines a bit more obvious. These changes are primarily cosmetic—the types of products you'll find in each line aren't changing at all.

The following changes will all begin with our August releases:

You can visit the redesigned Pathfinder page to learn more about each of these lines.

Finally, we're very pleased to reveal that we've posted the first installment of our weekly serialized Pathfinder Tales Web Fiction, beginning with the first chapter of Dave Gross's four-part story, "The Lost Pathfinder," which ties in to our first Pathfinder Tales novel, Prince of Wolves, which will be released at Gen Con in August. Look for new Pathfinder Tales web fiction each Wednesday!

Psychotic Jim

First Post
To be truthful, the differences between the lines of these products were sometimes blurry in my mind. Hopefully this will help to clear things up a bit.

IronWolf

blank
To be truthful, the differences between the lines of these products were sometimes blurry in my mind. Hopefully this will help to clear things up a bit.

I agree. I tended to have a hard time distinguishing the lines and such and keeping them straight in my head. So I think the renaming of the product lines is a good thing to help alleviate some confusion for those just getting into the Pathfinder line of products.

joebobodo

Explorer
I agree. I tended to have a hard time distinguishing the lines and such and keeping them straight in my head. So I think the renaming of the product lines is a good thing to help alleviate some confusion for those just getting into the Pathfinder line of products.

Speaking as someone just getting into the Pathfinder line, and somewhat overwhelmed once I saw all of the resources available, I was very excited when I read received this email this morning. I've only been getting into Pathfinder over the past few weeks, and Paizo has really really impressed me on every level.

Steel_Wind

Legend
The names were becoming confusing, agreed.

Hoipefully, this will serve to make things clearer to potential purchasers over the long haul.

Liquidsabre

Explorer
Agreed, a wise change. Every time I saw the chronicle and the companion I would always think to myself, "Now which one was which again?". Which reminds me, I'm in sore need of playing catch up on my chronicle sub that I let expire. Faction Guide is coming out soon too, ack.

artdrone

First Post
I hope they'll release the corrections/adjustments of the Campaign Setting in an errata-like pdf or something for those of us who have the book already. I bought it just 6 months ago to replace it already. :)

IronWolf

blank
I hope they'll release the corrections/adjustments of the Campaign Setting in an errata-like pdf or something for those of us who have the book already. I bought it just 6 months ago to replace it already. :)

I bought my campaign guide about a month and half ago knowing the new one was coming out in the fall. I plan on buying the new one, now I figure I will be able to loan the old one out for potential players of a future campaign to assist them during their character building phase. :)

Dark Mistress

First Post

They won't mostly cause the crunch stuff will be updated in other books. Plus the new book is over 64 pages longer than the current book, so it is more than just corrections.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads