Pathfinder 1E [Paizo] Paizo wants your opinions... Why?

haiiro

First Post
Endur said:
I'm not a fan of Reviews in Dragon; I've been reading Dragon since issue #40, and I don't think a Dragon review has ever influenced me. With the web, reviews are even less necessary.

Even though I use the web for reviews (mainly EN World, but also RPG.net and others), I sometimes miss the reviews from Dragon. They were generally very well done, covered interesting products (things I would never have known about otherwise, although that's less of a factor these days), and generally followed themes -- which I thought was a great idea: pick three universal systems and review all three, etc. I've been reading Dragon since the mid/late 100s, and I was often influenced by the reviews.

I got less mileage out of the fiction reviews, but they did turn me on to more than a few authors over the years.

That said, I think there are better niches for reviews than Dragon, and I'm content with their absence.

The thing I get the least out of is the fiction. I've probably read two or three stories in the past 13+ years, and even though those few were quite good, Dragon just isn't (and won't be) where I look for fiction.

Remove ads