• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo Publishing Makes Inc Magazine's Top 5000

RPG gamers are probably a lot like console gamers. Fickle and dominated by the casual types. Lose them and you are in trouble.
I've really found there to be two times of games: the fickle hardcore and the casual. The casuals are the majority. They show up and play but might not buy all the books, but neither do they have strong feelings regarding the system or edition.
The hardcore players are the ones who buy the books and care about the edition. They're the minority but their opinions drive the majority who are happy just to play.

I'm probably a hard core D&D player but I am under no illusions I am in the minority.
Did you mean to say minority there?

Zardnaar

Legend
Yes I am probably in the minority. If every D&D player had hundreds of books D&D would be doing great. The other D&&D gropups I have come across tend to have the core books and a handful of splat/adventure books. I have complete core books of everything apart from OD&D and BECMI I suppose but I have that on PDF. I have averaged buying 20 D&D books/magazines per year for the last 20 years.

Last edited:

Cyberzombie

Explorer
Glad to see that they're doing so well. I've rarely regretted a book I bought from Paizo and I've never regretted a hardback purchase. I certainly can't say that about most versions of D&D.

Remove ads