Pathfinder 1E [PAIZO] This would really be helpful...

FCWesel

First Post
Hey Paizo Publishing Lords and Ladies....

One thing that would help me (and I am sure other users of your magazine) is a index of somekind, on your site, of the articles in Dragon Magazine.

It can be quitte a pain to try and remember which mag has which article and oftentimes things, such as new spells and magic items are forgotten...unused...simply because I have too many Dragons to remember where it is.

Listing the articles by Issue and by general subject (Magic Items, Spells, Role Playing Help, Places, etc) would be fantastic.

As an idea suggester and complainer I would be willing, as would most "Dragon people" here I am sure, in helping in this. Perhaps a group of us can take a few magazines each and catagorize them and then you could put it on your web page, or something like that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lewy

First Post
Hi,

Sounds like a great idea. Rather than break it down to certain magazines it could be split up into someone doing Bazaar of the bizarre, etc. i.e by content type. It's not been that many issues for 3rd edition. Would it need to cover older editions?

I'd certainly be willing to help.

Cheers,

Lewis.

FCWesel

First Post
Oh, I think if it were to be done taking 5 mags each would be the best way, that way you do not have to sift through issues to find something...which is the whole point of this anyways...you are responsible for only those issues.

Jesse Decker

First Post
Dragon Index

Thanks for the ideas folks--good stuff. I'm really interested in making something like this happen on the Paizo site. I've talked with our new web guy (hi Rob!) a few times about just such a project, and it's high on the list of web projects for the year.

This is a great place to chime in with what you'd like to see in such an index -- nothing's going to happen overnight of course, but it's not too early to line up some volunteers if folks are really interested in helping out with something like this.

Last edited:

FCWesel

First Post
Well Jesse, since I started this thread I would like to be the first to volunteer and help out in some way. I would suggest not bothering with issues that do not have 3E content to be honest. Here are some suggestions for Index Sorts:

* Articles with Spells (Perhaps even making it further seperated by types of spells or by class).
* Race Articles
* Class Articles (Base, PRC, Legendary, etc)
* Equipment Articles
* Magic Item Articles
* Weapons & Armour Articles
* World Articles (FR, SL, DL, GH, etc)
* Alternate Combat Articles
* Monstrous Articles
* By Authour

Listings should have TITLE, AUTHOR, MAG #, Page Number and a general one line description. For example:

"LEVELED TREASURES; By Stephen Kenseon, #289/57. Creating and imrpoving your ancestor's sword as your characters grows in experience."

Any other ideas guys?

I would be happy to take the first ten issues, if that would help.

Lewy

First Post
Hi,

I'd certainly say that class articles should be split into standard and prestige. Magic items should be categorised as per the DMG. It could also be worth doing short stories and their settings as people may want to look at the all the FR ones for instance.

It could also be the best place for a Dungeon index, which should be expanded from the old ones that were done by putting a brief summary.

You already have my offer of help for any of this.

Cheers,

Lewis.

Nacht

First Post
I have something similar to this already in progress at Pen & Paper. The magazine index currently lists all of the 3rd ed issues of Dragon and Dungeon/Polyhedron through issues 306 and 97/156 respectively. While I don't have the articles divided by subject (other than game line), I do include the tag line or basic description on many of the articles.

Searches return results based on the title or description of the article.

I would welcome any suggestions for making the database more useful.

The current magazine index can be found at:
http://www.pen-paper.net/rpgdb.php?op=magazinelist

Remove ads