D&D 5E Party found a Genie Bottle

aco175

Legend
My 14th level party found a genie bottle last week and I'm not sure where to go with it. It is a marid bottle that was once a captive of Gar from the Elemental Evil storyline if that matters. Part of me wants to give them each a wish for releasing them, provided they do, which I think they will. I was first thinking of giving a wish to the 1 PC that opened the bottle, but kind of want to spread it out and may limit the power of the wish. It is more to the end of the campaign, so I'm not too worried about corrupting the campaign. Looking for some other ideas to make the encounter better, thank you

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
To free the genie, the PCs must shrink down in size and enter the bottle which is a dangerous dungeon full of curtains and throw pillows. Once freed, they get one single wish that must be somehow related to water.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
genie in a bottle GIF by Christina Aguilera

They better rub it the right way! :ROFLMAO:

Quickleaf

Legend
My 14th level party found a genie bottle last week and I'm not sure where to go with it. It is a marid bottle that was once a captive of Gar from the Elemental Evil storyline if that matters. Part of me wants to give them each a wish for releasing them, provided they do, which I think they will. I was first thinking of giving a wish to the 1 PC that opened the bottle, but kind of want to spread it out and may limit the power of the wish. It is more to the end of the campaign, so I'm not too worried about corrupting the campaign. Looking for some other ideas to make the encounter better, thank you
The marid is bound by a strict code: It has only one wish to grant, and that wish must benefit anyone and everyone freeing it. The wish must be spoken in rhyming verse. Thus, it whimsically decides that the party must each contribute one line to the wish. If a player does not match the rhyme or rhythm of the preceding player, or contradicts the beneficent intent of a previous player's line, then that part of the wish is likely to be corrupted by the marid for maximum mayhem. However, if they manage to collectively compose the wish, per the marid's code, then it fulfills the desired intent of the wish's wording without deceitfulness.

aco175

Legend
The wish must be spoken in rhyming verse. Thus, it whimsically decides that the party must each contribute one line to the wish.
I like this, but not sure how the players will take it. I think I will have something like this though to make some good roleplay opportunity.

There is another NPC party that was with the PCs exploring the dungeon, but these are 5th level and were not very helpful in the dungeon. I could use a few words of rhyme for them if the players are not acting fast enough in their reward. The fighter of that group died fighting a golem while the rest fled to the PCs who were fighting a dracolich at the time, bringing the golem with them. Although the PC cleric already told them that her could raise the fighter.

jasper

Rotten DM
last person I know who found a genie, went from a dead end Air Force job to a multi millionaire Texas oil tycoon.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases