• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Party of five. Day 1.

mariusm

Explorer
The party of five.

The various characters who now form the party have been in Sharn for the past couple of days attending an adventures expo held at Morgrave University.
The yearly event draws many would be adventures to see new gear and meet with like minded people. During the expo there was a competion which involved
a virtual dungeon run by one of the professors at the University. Players can enter the virtual dungeon and compete against illusionary monsters with
winners receiving a "night on the town" curtesy of the University. In recent years the University has been given a bad name due to various ties with
smugglers and thieves which is why it is trying to improve its reputation with the expo that is held.

Now during the "finals" the members in the party were teamed up against an illusionary Ogre and using clear tactics and sheer determination they defeated
the Ogre and received the grand prize of an all expenses paid night on the town. As the party of five (The name they were given by the competion
organizers as they were not sure how not to offend the diverse demographics of the party) were leaving the University and heading out with a letter of
credit for 200gp from the Kundarak Banking Guild the weather turned foul and rain started pouring down.

The party made there way over various sky bridges and tower balconies as curtains of water fell from the sky. The stone and wooden paths wound around
and between the towers and spires high above the ground, forming a complex latticework that could be very confusing on evenings such as this.

<End of background and now to present tense>

The rainfalls hard, running off higher walkways and balconies in drenching waves, making it difficult to see much more than a few feet ahead ofyou.
The distant glow of everbright lanterns, barely visible in the soaking gloom, does little to light the paths on this warm, wet evening.

Morphian Spot 4
Uri Spot 13
Adal Spot 13
Buckler Spot 13
Aronsetash Spot 18

Aronsetash notices the following.

You spot a figure in a dark cloak moving quietly through the rain on the skybridge ahead. It seems to be avoiding
the dim pools of light cast by the everbright lanterns, preferring to stay to the shadows. Lightning flashes, and you see a shape on the stone floor
of the bridge in the brief illumination. The figure quickly reaches the railing of the skybridge, then slips over the barrier and disappears
into the darkness and the rain.

The time of day is 20:30, Day1. The figure appears to be approx 60' ahead. If moving please given coordinates so that I can update
the map as needed. Each block represents 5'.

Actions please.

Attachments

• Map1.JPG
    Map1.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 83

Argent Silvermage

First Post
OOC: Aronsetash appears to be the only one who saw the shadowy figure Morpheus.

IC: Desperatly trying to keep himself dry Morphain shifts from creature type to creature type finally taking on the aspects of a Sea Elf who's skin is a bit more inclined to being wet. "I'm sure we can find some lodging soon. I hate the rain. By the way; Nice mindblade strike Pad. I'm glad you could still hit the Ogre once I shrank it."

He pulls his meager cloak tighter against his silvery flesh trying in vain to keep out the cold. Ah but for the power to truely transform. A polar bear would be a perfect form for this night. He thinks to himself.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"I thank you for your recognition of the strength of my powers Morphain...however, I believed I have told you four times already that I do not wish to be called Pad, Paddy, or Paddle. Please, call me Adal."

Adal looks thoughtful for a moment, smiles, and adds, "Though I must say...your magics, while they made it more difficult for me to hit the ogre, they made it much less difficult when the Ogre hit me."

((OOC: Can I start out Psionically Focused? Assume I took the time to refocus myself earlier?))

Ringmereth

First Post
"Hold, friends-did you see that?" asks Aronsetash, pointing towards the skybridge. "Someone just jumped from that bridge!" The Kalashtar, not waiting for the others, runs towards the spot from which the figure jumped and looks down off the ledge of the bridge for any sign of him, her, or it.

Move to N-15.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"What is it? Trouble?" Adal asks as he concentrates a moment, forming a blade out of nothingness, and then a shield of the same translucent material appears in his other hand.

mariusm

Explorer
Day 1, 20:30. Round 2.

I have updated Aronsetash and Morphain to there new positions. Aronsetash I have placed you in N-16 which is on the ledge, since N-15 will be off the sky bridge. (I assume you did not want to jump off!).

Both Aronestash and Morphain noticed when running towards the ledge that there was a body lying at L-18.

Aronsetash peers over the edge Spot: 4 and does not see where the hooded figure has gone? He can't see anything through the driving rain. Morphain gets to the ledge of the sky bridge and from this angle gets a better view Spot: 20 :D of what happened. Morphain notices that there appears to be a safety hand rail running under the skybridge! Who said the Sharn builders did not cater for any eventuality.

Adal has been moved to O-19. Adal hears Listen 18 vs DC 15 something moving under the sky bridge directly below his feet when he gets to cell O-19!

Uri has been moved to P-19 (Which is closest to P-19 that you requested) and he too hears Listen 21 vs DC 15 the sounds that Adal has heard .

Last edited:

devrimk

First Post
"I don't like rain it's makes me rusty." Then he focused his staff and gently touched it.
[Cast 1st Lvl. Infusion "Magic Weapon"]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads