• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder #2: The Skinsaw Murders

Kesh

First Post
The new Rise of the Runelords adventure just showed up at my door today. Starting to read through it now.

Anyone else have thoughts on this one?

Rauol_Duke

First Post
I'm not finished reading it yet, but about halfway through it and I like it alot. Richart Pett does a great job of creating some creepy and disturbing adventures and this one is no different.

Spoiler: the Haunts in Foxglove Manor are going to be the source of alot of dead PC's

:]

DM_Jeff

Explorer
I'm really digging it. The chapter on Desna is really a breath of fresh air. The monsters seems fitting and well done. I just started the adventure itself and so far so good!

I also like that they finally gave faces to all the iconics and that they'll be more fleshed out in the next few books.

-DM Jeff

Rauol_Duke

First Post
DM_Jeff said:
I'm really digging it. The chapter on Desna is really a breath of fresh air.

The section on Desna is written by Sean K. Reynolds and is done in the Dragon Core Beliefs articles-style. It's really good.

FourthBear

First Post
I like it, although the tone is somewhat over the top in the horror quotient, IMO. I suppose I forgive it, as it *is* the Halloween season. Overall, a good adventure with a good haunted manor setting. Some intentionally vague spoilers in the blackened text:

The Skinsaw Man: The horror based background and history for this character (pre-Skinsaw conversion) is so overt that it's hard to believe that the characters wouldn't remember all this during Burnt Offerings. I can see it being difficult when PCs ask about the NPC when they first meet him to have them not remember him or that it wouldn't immediately make them suspicious.

The Attic: OK, so the characters enter the house, immediately getting a chance to hear the revenant crying in the attic. If they confront her, she rushes to attack the Skinsaw man. There's even a note that the characters could just follow her to him if they're quick. This doesn't seem unlikely. So what happens? There's no mention at all in the Skinsaw Man encounter about this possibility. In fact, it has a rather long and unlikely scripted scene where he goes all Sybil on them. I have a hard time believing the characters would sit there being the brunt of this for any significant length of time. And I have an even harder time thinking why the author didn't mention what happens when the revenant encounters him.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads