Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder 2e Newbie with questions.

cranberry

Adventurer
IMHO, people with years of experience in D&D shouldn't have much difficulty switching to PF2.

I understand that some players may be intimated by the rulebook, but there is one online tool that organizes the data well, and allows you to search specific topics.

Archives of Nethys

And this tool makes character creation painless

Last edited:

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
I already have the CRB, GMG, and Bestiary. I don't use published adventures, so I don't think the bundle is for me. The only thing I am think of picking up is the beginner's box.
If you don’t have those in PDF it is still worth it. Everytime they do errata the PDFs get updated and you can download a new one.
In January the new PDF was a massive change.

If you like lore the bundle has multiple lore books that also feature stacks of new ancestries, feats, and things.

It also has bestiary 2.

Even the beginner box is in there so through the bundle everything else ends up basically free.

dave2008

Legend
If you don’t have those in PDF it is still worth it. Everytime they do errata the PDFs get updated and you can download a new one.
In January the new PDF was a massive change.

If you like lore the bundle has multiple lore books that also feature stacks of new ancestries, feats, and things.

It also has bestiary 2.

Even the beginner box is in there so through the bundle everything else ends up basically free.
I generally only buy PDF and that is how I have everything I do for PF2. I would be interested in a physical Beginners Box though. Not really interested in lore books or the bestiary 2.

What PDF was changed in January? I may have to get it again.

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
I generally only buy PDF and that is how I have everything I do for PF2. I would be interested in a physical Beginners Box though. Not really interested in lore books or the bestiary 2.

What PDF was changed in January? I may have to get it again.
The Core rulebook. 4th printing errata was added to the PDF in January. Not sure if the 4th printing physical books have even been printed yet.

It makes very heavy changes to Alchemist and ability score creation (page 26 sidebar), among other things.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Yeah, the Alchemist changes are non-trivial and long-time-coming (I'm still not sold on the Chirgeon, but it ought to at least help the Mutagenist).

The Core rulebook. 4th printing errata was added to the PDF in January. Not sure if the 4th printing physical books have even been printed yet.

It makes very heavy changes to Alchemist and ability score creation (page 26 sidebar), among other things.
My CRB is from the 2021 3rd printing and Paizo said the print run they just sold out of in 2 weeks last month was intended for 8 months so guessing that was the 4th print run and I'd guess the new print run they estimated to be available in April is the 5th printing.

Remove ads