• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Dragonborn

Tovec

Explorer
Pathfinder only? Maybe not, I don't have all the Bestiaries yet.
Assuming you count 3.5 material. Yes.

For 3.5 though - Draconians, Lizardfolk (isn't dragonborn but is similar - also in PF) and wasn't there a dragonborn already in some 3.5 splatbook somewhere? (I thought Dragon Magic but didn't see it - will keep looking.) EDIT: Just found them, dragonborn in Races of the Dragon. Also from that book - the spellscales?

Also, if you want breath weapons, in PF, then half-dragon is a decent way to start.

There might be others. Hopefully people can tell you more, I like PF but I don't have full access to all books yet.

SECOND EDIT:
You might want to specify what functionality you want of the dragonborn. Especially since PF DOESN'T function like 4e.

Last edited:

glenrm

First Post
I have been playing too much Skyrim, I saw Dragonborn and immediately wanted to use my shout power :cool: Did you want a half-dragon half-human mix or something else? I would assume that an intelligent dragon took human form and mated with a human, you could always just role your own race, always is more fun.

Stormonu

Legend
Shouldn't be too hard to convert.

Medium size
Speed 30'
Vision Normal
+2 Str
+2 Chr
-2 Dex

Draconic Presence: You gain a +2 bonus to Intimidate skill checks
Dragonborn Fury: You gain +1 damage to melee attacks
Draconic Heritage: You gain +2 hp per level
Draconic Breath: 15' cone; DC 10 + Con Mod; 2d4 acid, electricity, fire, cold or poison damage (chosen at 1st level) + 1d4 damage/2 levels (max 5d4 damage); usable once per turn (10 minutes)
Languages: Common, Draconic

S

Sunseeker

Medium size
Speed 30'
Vision Normal
+2 Str
+2 Chr
-2 Dex

Draconic Breath: 15' cone; DC 10 + Con Mod; 2d4 acid, electricity, fire, cold or poison damage (chosen at 1st level) + 1d4 damage/2 levels (max 5d4 damage); usable once per turn (10 minutes)

Yeah, this is a pretty good convert, nothing particularly more or less powerful than any of the other "special" races that have been detailed recently, such as Aasimir, Tieflings, Drow or vampires.

Grimmjow

First Post
I have been playing too much Skyrim, I saw Dragonborn and immediately wanted to use my shout power :cool: Did you want a half-dragon half-human mix or something else? I would assume that an intelligent dragon took human form and mated with a human, you could always just role your own race, always is more fun.

ya im looking for the 4e version but for PF

Medium size
Speed 30'
Vision Normal
+2 Str
+2 Chr
-2 Dex

this works perfectly ty!

S

Sunseeker

this works perfectly ty!

Keep in mind this is not an official creation, but a rough house-rule based on what the 4e dragonborn gives you fitted to the PF style race stats. If you want this for a character, your DM would have to approve.

Grimmjow

First Post
Keep in mind this is not an official creation, but a rough house-rule based on what the 4e dragonborn gives you fitted to the PF style race stats. If you want this for a character, your DM would have to approve.

i am the DM looking for a race for my players ^.^ it all works out.

Argyle King

Legend
There was a 3.5 book which had Dragonborn. IIRC, it was Races of The Dragon. I'll dig out my books tomorrow and double check, but I'm pretty sure that's which one it was. They weren't exactly the same as 4E Dragonborn, but you could probably tweak the fluff a little bit and base most of them on the same base race if you wanted something more akin to the 4E Dragonborn. Updating that end result to PF would be fairly easy.

A few days ago, I was considering how to make a Skyrim style Dragonborn in PF. It occured to me that Bard might fit. Instead of songs, you would be using shouts, but the base idea is still the same -using your voice to create effects. Keep in mind that it's possible to be a Bard and qualify for the Dragon Disciple prc.

Remove ads