• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder] Planning on switching to Pathfinder?

Acid_crash

First Post
I'm switching from 4e to Pathfinder for a while. They made enough changes in a few key areas to get me to purchase their book, and now I'm looking at other products they make to run adventures with.

I won't give up on 4e and I like both, but for now I'm leaning to Pathfinder for my next game.

Until I get my hands on Earthdawn 3e.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
After much deliberation with my game group, several trips to the Pathfinder SRD site, and a $50.00 purchase later, I can honestly say my brand new 3.5 game is ready to Pathfinderized.

Looks like that free online SRD was indeed a good idea by Paizo.

I wonder how many others will take a look at it and make the same decision.

Neat!

cangrejoide

First Post
Nope, not changing. After seeing the SRD I see no reason to change, least of all pay $50 for some fiddly house rules. Our group will stick to its 4E and 3E games.

malkav666

First Post
I have already switched one game over last weekend (my dungeonaday campaign). The transition went so well,a nd the players enjoyed the new stuff so much that the lobbied for the other game I run (a RotRL campaign near the end of the first module) to be converted as well. After much discussion the second group (which does share 2 members with the frist) decided to switch as well. We will be taking that game over to PFRPG this weekend.

So after this weekend there will be no d20 games that I run that will not be Pathfinder. Now if I could just get someone to run Pathfinder for me. Then my RPG hobby would be complete.

love,

malkav

Savevsdeath

First Post
I'll probably buy the Pathfinder PDF, and i would play but not run it if i had no other gaming options or a really awesome PF game came up. I vastly prefer 4e to all other games as both a player and DM thanks to the excellent tools available through DDI. The Character Builder has spoiled me absolutely rotten, though i haven't checked out the Monster Builder yet.

I'm not switching as I have no current campaigns running to actually switch. I am, however, starting a brand new campaign at the end of September and it will be a Pathfinder game in my homebrew setting. I bought the PDF and two of the actual rulebooks. Between that, whatever my own players might purchase and the online SRD, we as a group are good to go. Since our group is full of folks who are not interested in moving to 4e but like the idea of some new options and cleaned up 3.5 rules, using the Pathfinder rules is perfect for us.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads