PATHFINDER: Reign of Winter 4th Edition Conversion

Myrhdraak

Explorer
G: Bandits on the Trail
Just added the G encounter conversion [Page 8-9].

As I am only copying the necessary game elements that should be used in the 4th Edition game, I have taken away all the great context, information, and stories which creates the magic of the Paizo product. I therefore strongly advise you to purchase the Paizo products this conversion have been built upon, to run the Reign of Winter campaign. I did!
You can buy them from www.paizo.com online store.

1. People of the North
2. The Snows of Summer (Path #67)

/Myrhdraak

Also read my: H1-E3: Demon Prince of Undeath Conversion

Myrhdraak

Explorer
H1-H14: High Sentinel Lodge
Just added the H encounter conversion [Page 9-12].

As I am only copying the necessary game elements that should be used in the 4th Edition game, I have taken away all the great context, information, and stories which creates the magic of the Paizo product. I therefore strongly advise you to purchase the Paizo products this conversion have been built upon, to run the Reign of Winter campaign. I did!

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
H15: Planning Room
Just added the H15 encounter conversion [Page 13-14]. It was interesting to convert a NPC to 4th Edition. I think I manage to convey the flavor of the 3.5 edition in the new statistics.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
H16-K Encounters
I have added the H16 to K encounter conversions [Page 15-17], as well as a conversion of the frost fir in the Bestiary [Page 21].

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
L-M2 Encounters
This have been quite a fun conversion work. In the M1 encounter I added some more descriptions on what the characters could see within the ice blocks, as well as I did a tweak of the haunt which will have players deciding either to take the challenge of staying to learn more, run away in terror, or leave in order to not face the damage dealt.

The M2 encounter with Thora Petska, the guardian doll, could become quite memorable as well. It is the first encounter in which they face the magic of the white witches, which should scare the party. In 4th edition I have made the guardian doll a solo monster (used a demilich and a beholder for inspiration). Will be fun to see five adventurers fighting of a single levitating doll!?!!

Please give any feedback on the doll, if you think it is over-powered or not.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
M3-P5 Encounters
Have added some more encounters. One reflection in converting Pathfinder modules to 4th Edition, is that you very easily end up with Elite monsters, as most encounters are with individual unique monsters, you almost have to make them Elite in order to compensate the XP values. This might be fine, but I do not know how it will play out in the real adventure.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
The Black Rider to The Hungry Mantis
I created a skill challenge out of the meeting with the Black Rider and have also added The Hungry Mantis encounter.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Remove ads