PATHFINDER: Reign of Winter 4th Edition Conversion

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Event 3-5 + Nadya Companion
I have converted Event 3, 4 and 5 to 4th Edition. I also converted Nadya so that she might be used as a companion.

As I am only copying the necessary game elements that should be used in the 4th Edition game, I have taken away all the great context, information, and stories which creates the magic of the Paizo product. I therefore strongly advise you to purchase the Paizo products this conversion have been built upon, to run the Reign of Winter campaign. I did!
You can buy them from www.paizo.com online store.

1. People of the North
2. The Snows of Summer (Path #67)

/Myrhdraak

Also read my: H1-E3: Demon Prince of Undeath Conversion

NewJeffCT

First Post
Not much conversion work right now. I am visiting San Francisco on a business trip this week.

/Myrhdraak

Thanks for the work - I like 4E because it's much easier on the DM than either 3.5E or Pathfinder. I've also found it pretty easy to convert AP encounters to 4E, though I don't put as much work in as you did - I've kind of just eyeballed it.

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Event 6-Q12: The Pale Tower
Got 12 hours on the plane back so I managed to do some conversion work [Page 31-39]. Once I have all the monsters converted I will start looking at the treasures as well as terrain effects on the encounters.

As I am only copying the necessary game elements that should be used in the 4th Edition game, I have taken away all the great context, information, and stories which creates the magic of the Paizo product. I therefore strongly advise you to purchase the Paizo products this conversion have been built upon, to run the Reign of Winter campaign. I did!

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Also read my: H1-E3: Demon Prince of Undeath Conversion [/INDENT]

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Event Q13-Q17: The Pale Tower
Added Q13 to Q17 in the Pale Tower, with still some work left in Q17. I also had to change many of the previous encounters to get the XP budget to get even. Will probably have to provide a guide as to how to combine encounters within the Pale Tower to make them challenging enough.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Event Q20-Q24: The Pale Tower
Finished converting all the encounters in The Snows of Summer. Even managed to make that goat familiar into something that made sense in the final battle against Radosek. Think it might be a good grand finale, especially if he escapes down into the courtyard and animates the ice dragon. Players will not like that. :)

Next step will be to look into treasure parcels as well as magic item conversions, and maybe add some interesting terrain elements to some of the encounters.

What do you think. Is the 4th Edition version as playable as the 3.5 edition/Pathfinder version?

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Reign of Winter Toolkit
Went through the Reign of Winter Toolkit [Page 48-50] and updated the templates and spells to 4th Edition. Will not take a look on the magic items. Found some formatting errors in People of the North which I updated as well.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Suggestive Tea
Are working on translating all the magic items to 4th Edition but got stuck on the Suggestive Tea. I just realized that you do not have any arcane rituals similar in effect as charm person and suggestion in 4th Edition, at least not outside of combat. I saw some forum discussions on this but no house rule suggestions. Both these spells have a great out-of-combat use and a lot of roleplaying potential. Anybody seen any rule suggestions related to this?

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Treasure and Terrain up to H11
have started to add treasures as well as converting some magic items to 4th Edition. I have also added terrain features to the combat encounters. So far I have gotten to H11. One reflection is that many of the encounters along the trail will be very easy as the players can take an extended rest whenever they want. I am considering to add some house rules for healing and some new healing rituals in order to compensate for this.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
People of the North: House Rules for Resting and Healing
There has been many complaints on the fast recovery system in 4th Edition. Everything from being unrealistic to affecting encounter design (especially in outdoor encounters were adventurers can take an extended rest whenever they want almost). As The Snow of Summer is an outdoor adventure mostly, I created a set of house rules for handling resting and healing in the People of the North Conversion [Page 38-39]. I will add some rituals to it as well. Please provide your feedback on this. Would it fit in your campaign and way of playing?

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Remove ads