PATHFINDER: Reign of Winter 4th Edition Conversion

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: 4th Edition Co-converting Invitation

I am about to start converting the third adventure of the Pathfinder Reign of Winter adventure path - Maiden, Mother, Crone. It took me one year to do the first two adventures on my own. To speed things up I was hoping to get some happy co-converters that can help in doing this conversion. I will send over the needed material and conversion rules for those that want to help. You will have to own the apporpriate Pathfinder material for doing the work of course. If you are interested in helping write a mail to myrhdraak@spray.se and state which 3 encounters you want to start converting. I will start with Encounter A1 to A9, so please select some other part of the adventure.

As I am only copying the necessary game elements that should be used in the 4th Edition game, I have taken away all the great context, information, and stories which creates the magic of the Paizo product. I therefore strongly advise you to purchase the Paizo products this conversion have been built upon, to run the Reign of Winter campaign. I did!
You can buy them from www.paizo.com online store.

1. People of the North
2. The Snows of Summer (Path #67)
3. The Shackled Hut (Path #68)
4. Maiden, Mother, Crone (Path #69)
5. Reign of Winter Conversion Maps

/Myrhdraak

Also read my: H1-E3: Demon Prince of Undeath Conversion

Last edited:

Myrhdraak

Explorer
HEROIC FEATS COMPENDIUM

I took me almost half a year, but finally I am finished .... with all 4th Edition Heroic Feats in one document, including all material from the dragon magazines (excluding all campaign specific feats for Eberron or Dark Sun, which I may add later)
It is 375 pages long, but it is easier to find appropriate feats as everything has been divided into sections - Essential style. It greatly made the feat selection simplier for my gaming group. It would have been a great book sold by WotC in this transit period to keep up sales. But if they don't - you have to do the hard work yourself.

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
REIGN OF WINTER: XP Advancement

I realized I had not given any guidance as to the 4th Edition level progress in this conversion so I have added that section to both The Snows of Summer and The Shackled Hut. I am aiming that every book is roughly 4.5 levels long each. So by the end of the Shackled Hut, a party of five, should be at 10th level when they finish it. If I ever manage to do a full conversion of the whole adventure path the PCs should be at 28th level, leaving some room for the follow up adventures hinted at in the end of The Witch Queen's Revenge.

As I am only copying the necessary game elements that should be used in the 4th Edition game, I have taken away all the great context, information, and stories which creates the magic of the Paizo product. I therefore strongly advise you to purchase the Paizo products this conversion have been built upon, to run the Reign of Winter campaign. I did!

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: A3 Chamber of Twilight

So, officially started on the third adventure in the Reign of Winter adventure path. Had to do some changes of the encounter and introduced shadow ravens instead of having a solo raven oracle. I think it will be an intresting encounter for any adventurers foolish enough to attack [Page 5-6]. Also added an XP Advancement section in order to provide guidance to any volunteers who are interested in helping out with the 4th edition conversion [Page7]. Send me a mail at myrhdraak@spray.se to learn more.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: A4 The Challenge of Strength

This was an easy encounter to convert. The CR 15 level of the boars might be a challenge, but as they are brutes with quite low Reflex and Will, I think the players will be able to overcome them [Page 6].

Any volunteers who are interested in helping out with the 4th edition conversion can send me a mail at at myrhdraak@spray.se to learn more.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: A5 Chamber of Night

I did some changes to this encounter in order to not replicate A3 totally. The shadow ravens have been replaced with two winterbole rimeneedles [Page 6-7]. I have also added 2 rituals - detect thought and forced quiet.

Any volunteers who are interested in helping out with the 4th edition conversion can send me a mail at at myrhdraak@spray.se to learn more.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: A6 The Challenge of Wit

I think this is quite a scarry trap from a 4th Edition perspective. Three failed save and you are dead (12,5%). I added some skill checks to help as well.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: A7 and A8 Encounters

I have added Encounter A7 and A8 [Page 9-11]. In A7 I added some dryads (updated with the Monster Vault statistics), and in A8 i made a solo monster out of the animate dream [Page 16-17]. Could become a memorable fight.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: A9 Control Room

I put in a skill challenge in A8, to better reflect the negotiations with the animated dream during the battle [Page 10]. I have then also added the encounter with Ratibor the Bold and his 3 barbarian companions [Page 11-12]. I have also added Ratibor to the NPC gallery [Page 14].

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak

Explorer
MAIDEN, MOTHER, CRONE: Giant Sentries

I worked a little more on the Control Room encounter, adding the Boots of the Winter Jarl to the magic item section [Page 17]. The big question on this one is if it is overpowered or not?
Then I started to work on the Giant Sentries encounter [Page 13-14] and added the Globe of Blizzards [Page 17]. Realized that I never took the time to convert the Dancing Hut in The Shackled Hut, so I will have to jump back and do that as well.

1. People of the North

/Myrhdraak

Remove ads