• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder RPG Beta Release is available!

azhrei_fje

First Post
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was bad that it was the SRD tweaked. In fact, I agree with you wholeheartedly! ;)

I was merely pointing out that there wasn't a lot of new stuff in there. In comparison, the Prestige Class enhancement appears to have had edits of a more significant variety. (The arcane archer is mostly bearable now, although I would still clarify the action required on some of the abilities -- there are some that say, "as a standard action" and some that say, "as a full attack action", but a few aren't explicit about it.)

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Whoops, I may have been a trifle defensive there - for some reason I thought that you were writing of Pathfinder as a whole, not the Magic Item web supplement.

Come to think of it though - I do not think that I have ever used intelligent items in any 3.X game. It is quite likely that I would not have noticed even if they had changed everything or nothing at all. :erm:

The Auld Grump

NilesB

First Post
Tim, I said without a paizo account or credit card number, the first requires the second, and the link provided requires the first.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
The Paizo account is no big deal. Basically all you really need is an e-mail address. Personal information required is very limited (name, e-mail, password, etc.). You do not have to give them credit card info to make an account and download your free pdf. Paizo requires no more information than it took to make an ENWorld account.

Max Money AWA

First Post
Latest news on Pathfinder

I happened to hear on a new podcast (the name escapes me at the moment) an interview with Jason Bulmahn in which he said that the Pathfinder book, and yes it is singular, will be in the 600 page range. And from the pdfs they have out, I'm guessing this rulebook will be a combination of the PHB and DMG. I also came to this conclusion after seeing the pre-release of the Pathfinder Bestiary as a separate book.

I am in two Pathfinder games and running one of my own. I like the changes made. The consolidation of skills, class options, and spell changes all make sense while remaining compatible to 3.X rules. My game, which started recently at 1st level, will be strictly Pathfinder until 6th level. Then I will allow 3.X material if any of the players want to use any of it.

In my opinion, I think this (Pathfinder) is what 4E should have been.

MythMage

First Post
I'm pretty happy with most of the changes put through in Pathfinder (an opinion I've found pretty common at my main forum hangout, Dicefreaks), but I'm really irked by their completely ignoring epic so far.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads