Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder RPG in the UK

bouncyhead

Explorer
Hi All,

I see Amazon has the PFRPG on pre-order for about £28, expected despatch date 1st Sep. I would rather get from a FLGS. Does anyone know when it will be available in local stores in the UK?

smug

First Post
Hi All,

I see Amazon has the PFRPG on pre-order for about £28, expected despatch date 1st Sep. I would rather get from a FLGS. Does anyone know when it will be available in local stores in the UK?

I got this email from Paizo yesterday, which mentions international delay times; basically pre-order from your game store now, I guess:

Lisa Stephens said:
With the August 13 release date for the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook approaching, I'm reaching out to ask for your help. While there's a little over a month until the book is released, we're just a few short weeks away from shipping the books to our distributors. Why is this important to you?

With today's difficult economy, retailers and distributors have generally cut back on the amount of inventory that they are carrying. So if you plan to buy your copy of the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook from any place other than from Paizo, we ask that you inform your preferred retailer of your intention to buy from them before Monday, July 13, and encourage them to place an order with their distributor by that date. This will help ensure that their distributor will place an order with us, and that you'll have a book waiting for you on August 13. Nobody wants to see the distribution channel understocked on the Core Rulebook on the release date; restocks can take as long as two weeks to make their way through the distribution channel--and even longer internationally--so a retailer who sells out might not get more copies until September!

So if you're planning on buying from your favorite local game store, please talk to the owner before July 13 and let him know you intend to buy your copy of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook from him. If you're ordering online from a place other than paizo.com, please place your preorder by July 13 so they know how many copies to order. If we all work together, we can get the right number of books out there so that you can get a copy of the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook from the retailer of your choice.

Those of you who are planning to subscribe to the Pathfinder RPG line or preorder the book directly from paizo.com have a bit longer: you should place your order or start your subscription with us before August 3 to ensure that your book will arrive as close to the release date as possible. (We're also planning to bring plenty of copies to Gen Con in Indianapolis.)
So please take the time to let the retail venue of your choice know about your desire to purchase the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook from them as soon as you can.

We also wanted to let you know that the PDF of the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook will be available at paizo.com on August 13. We've priced it at just $9.99, which we hope allows those who want the book in both print and electronic form to feel that you can still support your favorite retailer and purchase the PDF without breaking your budget. (Of course, those who subscribe to the Pathfinder RPG line will get the PDF for free with your Core Rulebook.)

Finally, we'd like to let you know that Paizo is celebrating our 7th anniversary today, and we appreciate all the help that more than 52,000 of you provided by playtesting the Pathfinder RPG, and that even more of you have provided by supporting Paizo as a company with your purchases and friendship on our messageboards over the last seven years. Thanks!

Erik Mona

Adventurer
I suspect Orc's Nest in London will have it, as they had a great Pathfinder display last August when we visited for Gen Con UK. In Leeds we visited a great store called Travelling Man that also had a good amount of Paizo stuff.

There's also an excellent two-level gaming store about a block from the British Museum that a really good selection of our stuff. I can't remember the name of the shop off the top of my head, but a native will probably drop by with it soon.

Good luck!

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing

pedr

Explorer
The shop by the British Museum is Playin' Games.

I'd say the two best places to ask this would be Leisure Games (not sure who's the point of contact there now Angus has left) or Charles Ryan as I presume that Pathfinder will be distributed via Esdevium in the UK. Both are likely to have some idea of what to expect in terms of the book's arrival in the UK.

P

PaulofCthulhu

I suspect Orc's Nest in London will have it, as they had a great Pathfinder display last August when we visited for Gen Con UK. In Leeds we visited a great store called Travelling Man that also had a good amount of Paizo stuff.

You were in Leeds? You should have said! I'm based just a stone's throw from there and used to work in that shop several moons ago.

smug

First Post
The shop by the British Museum is Playin' Games.

I'd say the two best places to ask this would be Leisure Games (not sure who's the point of contact there now Angus has left) or Charles Ryan as I presume that Pathfinder will be distributed via Esdevium in the UK. Both are likely to have some idea of what to expect in terms of the book's arrival in the UK.

Angus left? I wondered why I didn't see him last time I was there. Weird. I thought they'd bury him there.

Leisure Games is still the best game store in the UK, in my opinion.

P

PaulofCthulhu

He's gone to work on Cubicle 7 full time, and is now based in Swindon, as part of the "Rebellion Group" (who own 2000 AD etc).

Remove ads