Paizo Pathfinder to remove slavery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagpuss

Legend

after the open letter (see link above) by an unnamed freelancer asking about slavery in the game, Erik Mona has responded (also in the link above) saying going forward slavery won’t appear in pathfinder removed without any in game explanation.

Not sure if slavery appears in Starfinder but I imagine it will be going from there as well if it is.

Last edited:

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
I kind of agree. I mean, you could at least make it an evil act (though I guess alignment change isn't really an issue anymore?)

I sort of feel like this is a redo of the satanic panic of the 1980s, except from the left instead of the right. I mean, reading the linked article it was presented as option for player characters to buy a slave, with prices and everything--I'm cool with getting rid of that. But it really seems like this is turning into a bowdlerized version of the world. First it was demons and devils and half-orcs and assassins, now it's slavery and racial attribute modifiers. I guess there really is nothing new under the sun. Maybe in 10 years they'll bring them all back and we'll be complaining about fossil fuel burning and meat eating in 30.

From the end of Stephen King's The Stand:
'Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long. And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again.'

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I hope they remove murder and robbery soon.
The X Files Eye Roll GIF

Bagpuss

Legend
I mean, reading the linked article it was presented as option for player characters to buy a slave, with prices and everything--I'm cool with getting rid of that.

Which they did. They made slavery illegal in the Absalom, from the open letter...

"But it happened. Pathfinder Society Scenario #9-00: Assault on Absalom. An in-game event, requested by players, that led to the abolition of slavery. In one city. By conscripting the enslaved people to fight in a war and then giving freedom to the survivors."

Seems that wasn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases