Paizo Pathfinder to remove slavery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retreater

Legend
You know, if you're going to create an entire new edition of your game, just have all the rules be different, have the world function in a new reality with new laws of physics, and given that's it's all just a GAME - you know, don't have prices for slaves in your rulebook. You don't need an in-game event. Just change the darned game.

My experience with Golarion is limited to CRPG. I regret, in Kingmaker, going after Maestro Janush for enslaving Octavia... He was just obviously employing her (albeit at unsatisfying wages). I also regret showing compassion to Nurah in Wrath of the Righteous. She wasn't a victim of slavery, she was just obviously having an unsatisfying labour negociation... Not something that would make one turn to the demon's side. Drat, how gullible I was! I should have her executed without trial instead as the game prompted me to!

Bagpuss

Legend
Anti-inclusive content
Forgive my nitpicking your grammar, but the word "slave" is no longer a noun. So it's more correct to say "...and freed the majority of the enslaved persons."

Perhaps on Dictionary.com... but in common usage and several more established dictionaries it is a noun.o

Google
noun
(especially in the past) a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.
"they kidnapped entire towns and turned them into slaves"

Merriam-Webster's
slave noun
a person held in forced servitude

Cambridge
slave
noun
a person who is legally owned by someone else and has to work for that person.

Oh but hey look... seems even dictionary.com realised how stupid it was to change definitions of words when still in common usage.

slave noun​

1. a person who is the property of and wholly subject to another and forced to provide unpaid labor.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, that's enough. Well done, folks. Mocking a company for deciding slavery is a bad thing to put in their game makes you the best edgelords. I don't want to be host to that. I thought my warning was clear, but it seems it wasn't clear enough. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads