• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Toolbox

BinaryPriest

First Post
Nikosandros

Understandable. Unfortunately though the customization you are asking for may not be available during my alpha testing release I will keep it in mind during all of the development stages. However it is unlikely to ever appear in my program only because of how I intend my program to run ( at least at this point.) though it is still too early in the process to say any aspect of this project is set in stone....

BinaryPriest

First Post
My intention was that both during design and initial release it consist of a desktop client application backed by an sql database contained on the SQL server I run out of my house, phase two I planned to develop it as web based application again accessing the same database as the desktop client, finally I would also like to release it as a stand alone program so that if people with out internet service can use it if they want to...So any more suggestions or thoughts folks ?

azhrei_fje

First Post
[...] backed by an sql database contained on the SQL server I run out of my house,
Um, wow.

phase two I planned to develop it as web based application again accessing the same database as the desktop client,
Another "wow".

finally I would also like to release it as a stand alone program so that if people with out internet service can use it if they want to...
Just one comment. Be careful allowing outside connections to machines on your LAN at home. :)

Okay, I guess there is a second one too: "Cross-platform all the way, baby!"

If I can't run it on my Mac or any of my Linux machines, I probably won't use it. :( An ideal option from my point of view would be something done in javascript. Put the database on the web and access it via AJAX. If the AJAX request fails, let the browser use what's in its cache.

I've been working on redoing the Profiler HTML-based charsheet to better integrate with the PF ruleset; it would be cool if your NPC generator wrote the data somewhere that my sheet could get to it. Then GMs could do minor tweaks directly to the sheet locally.

Last edited:

BinaryPriest

First Post
I had considered writing the client in C++ or C so Mac users can use it..however I found an ide that allows me to write code in .Net and compile it for macs or linux straight from my windows box...and yes I understand about the caution of allowing outside connections to my LAN. As I dont know java script that probably won't happen to be honest with you and I use ASP for all of my web development stuff anyway ( Not that I do alot of web development just started learning asp actually) One of the main goals of my project is to minimize the footprint of my program, to make it use as few resources on the local machine as possible but heh we'll see. Anyway thanks for your input..I will be taking suggestions and user input for only another two weeks after that I begin coding so if there is anything you guys would like to see in a program like this please let me know...take care and h@ppy h@cking @11...

frog

Explorer
I would like to see something like Masterplan for assistance in planning out adventures. I know that is a bit out of scope from what you initially propose, but dang I wish I had something like that for Pathfinder. :)

Daruk

Explorer
Anybody ever had a look at PCGen?
PAthfinder support is becoming better, the NPC generator is quite usable - albeit no such thing like autogeneration of spells.
It uses an easy to understand plain text format for defining classes, skille etc. so homebrew additions can easily be made either in PCGen (to a limited amount) or by changing / defining new datasets.

It's Java based and therefore platform independent (I run it on Linux for example)
PCGen :: Overview

ruemere

Adventurer
I have been using PCGen for several years now. I have my own campaign files, which I migrate from version to version, and while there are always certain issues to take care of manually, PCGen does its job.

Regards,
Ruemere

Theron

Explorer
I would like to see something like Masterplan for assistance in planning out adventures. I know that is a bit out of scope from what you initially propose, but dang I wish I had something like that for Pathfinder. :)

Yeah, having just looked at Masterplan for the first time yesterday, I was struck by how much I wish something like it existed for Pathfinder.

BinaryPriest

First Post
PATHFINDER Toolbox

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile but I have started developing the command line version of my project for beta testing as to allow my focus and the focus of feed back be mainly on the mechanics of it. If anybody knows of a good place to host it ( working on getting my own website up) for now I would greatly appreciate it. As of today I have the dice roller fully functional and have started working on the treasure generator.

Sincerely
BinaryPriest

Remove ads