Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Zodiac RPG

The basic concept is you play a "character" based of the player's actual combined Chinese/Greek zodiac.

Your Chinese element grants you the related oracle mystery and you Greek sign grants a related elemental cleric domain. The mystery and domain spells are added as bonus spells to your spells known list.

Races

Classes

So far the races and classes are not balanced with core pathfinder. And for xp the characters should be treated as 1 level higher (or the EL of the encounter one lower).

Yin/Yang determines whether you channel positive (yang) or negative (yin) energy for feat/abilites (like channel energy) and spells (like cure or inflinct spells).

You choose spells from the Cleric and Wizard lists and choose a mental stat for casting and abilities gain from your mystery and domain.

For example my character is a Rat with Wood mystery and Earth domain, yang orientation, and the Warrior class.

Also there is multiclassing or prestige classes.

Nookie

Explorer
Well my first bit of advice would be to balance those races against each other at-least. so long as they are all just about as powerful as one another and your not using the pathfinder ones its cool for them to have more power so long as all the players are on the same page. HOWEVER if you want the game to be more useful to the community at large balance the races against the other pathfinder ones.

AS for classes, Maybe invent archtypes that fit your themes. makeing them all have spells and mysteries kinda takes away from options and also makes the glasses feel generic. Options are something that people love, so they can make just the character they want. I would say add more options to the existing classes.

Can you list any balance issues between the races?
And I guess I should have put this in my first post, the races and classes are meant to not be balanced with core pathfinder. For XP treat monsters as 1 less CR and treasure rewards as if the party was a level lower. Basically it is as powerful as a party of gestalt characters.
For the classes I'm working on feats based of class abilities like what they had in unearthed arcana.

Nookie

Explorer
Ohh ok. Well to balance your races you have to set a standard let me look through your races again.

You seem to have a +2 Net bonus mechanic in all your races. Thats seems like a good standard for that. Some reaces have a +2 bonus to natural ac. This can be kind of a big balance deal to some people sense combat is a big deal in most games. Might want to rethink that, or give the other races some slight buff to compensate and meet on the same page as Dragon Players.

Remove ads