Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Zodiac RPG

One feat I am currently mulling over is a Natural Attack feat that will grant a natural attack based on your race, depending on your race you may be able to take it multiple times to get different natural attacks.

skydreamz

First Post
whoa, class features become feats! that's cool! Loved the smite feats

Links for Races and Classes are 404, btw.

Why don't you just use the Pathfinder rules for character creation, then give every character an oracle mystery and element domain?
The mystery and domain spells become spell-like abilities that can be used 1/day at 1st level, 2/day at 3rd level, and so on.

Then make two deities, one for Yin and one for Yang. this would determine the character's energy affinity, e.g. a character worshiping Yin deity would be healed by Yin energy and harmed by Yang energy.

Updated; added bracketed yin [negative]/Yang [positive] where it seemed appropriate, changed the yin/yang distribution for more diversity, removed animal companion as I forgot about hunter's bond (*derp*).

New links in case old ones don't because of revised upload
Races
Classes
Feats

Last edited:

whoa, class features become feats! that's cool! Loved the smite feats

Links for Races and Classes are 404, btw.

Why don't you just use the Pathfinder rules for character creation, then give every character an oracle mystery and element domain?
The mystery and domain spells become spell-like abilities that can be used 1/day at 1st level, 2/day at 3rd level, and so on.

Then make two deities, one for Yin and one for Yang. this would determine the character's energy affinity, e.g. a character worshiping Yin deity would be healed by Yin energy and harmed by Yang energy.
Hopefully now you can read the first 2 parts and see what I'm trying to do.
Since every other aspect of character creation was dominated by astrology, I wanted a broad but multifaceted option for players making their characters aside from feat selection. And I took the up and down of abilities to the original generic classes and exaggerated them. The whole game is meant feel archetypal, for each character to have mythic legendary quality. Chosen by or direct agents of fate/destiny.

Took a nerf hammer to the Classes, changed Warrior to a quarter caster (but still gets cantrips) and Adept to half caster, and reduced everyones spells per day and spells known down to reasonable levels.

Some ideas for archetypes I've been kicking around;
One would be replacing your weapon group proficiency with the soul knife's mind blade class feature, it would scale damage wise different with each class (magus worst [1d4/1d6/1d8], adept medium [1d6/1d8/1d10], warrior best [1d8/1d10/2d6]) and blade skills would be granted at the same levels.
Another would be replacing armor proficiency with the aegis' astral suit (magus can only form only astral skin, adept can only form astral armor, warrior can only form astral juggernaut), with the same customization points and options.

Remove ads