Pathfinder 1E "Pathfinderizing" Non-Core Classes and Races

sckeener

First Post
I think I am going blind looking for the answer to, 3.5 "extra rage" converting to pathfinder rage points....

Can anyone help point me in the right direction or give me the answer?

Thanks,
Sterling

FentonGib

First Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but the Pathfinder Beta book has the Extra Rage feat as being that you get +6 additional Rage Points (and can be re-boughtas many times as you want)?

kitsune9

Adventurer
Presto,

Yes, I am running a Kingdoms of Kalamar campaign using Pathfinder and needed to provide the core classes for the setting as a viable alternative to the cores as well. Basically, for the fighting and non-magic classes, I provided some ability every level. For the magic classes, I mirrored the wizard in providing stuff at certain levels. Haven't tried it out in a session as my players passed on those classes, but I plan on having NPC's be those classes for some upcoming sessions so we'll see how that works out.

sckeener

First Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but the Pathfinder Beta book has the Extra Rage feat as being that you get +6 additional Rage Points (and can be re-boughtas many times as you want)?

Thank you! and apparently I can be bitten by snakes easily!

I was referring to converting old 3.5 extra rage stuff to PFRPG Beta and that will do!

Thanks again!

LordVyreth

First Post
Any suggestions on Pathfinderizing psionics? I have the expanded psionic handbook (nothing after that,) and was thinking of playing an elan psion in my next game. Save for dropping the -2 penalty for the race, I'm not sure what changes I can or should make.

Obviously, the DM must approve any changes, but a good starting point is appreciated!

rgard

Adventurer
Agreed.

<SNIP>

Personally, I've always wanted a PC-worthy version of the Aristocrat class. Anyone have any mods on this?

There is one that approaches PC-worthy here in the forum section that has the PrCS and new classes. I did work with it, but I don't know where the file is right now. I'll look for it.

Thanks,
Rich

Gailbraithe

First Post
I'm working on converting material from Iron Kingdoms to Pathfinder. It's all in hand-written note form so far, but I've converted most of the races so far.

Skorne under Pathfinder are no longer a +1 LA creature, which is cool.

FentonGib

First Post
There is one that approaches PC-worthy here in the forum section that has the PrCS and new classes. I did work with it, but I don't know where the file is right now. I'll look for it.

Thanks,
Rich

In interim I actually went ahead and made a PC version of the Aristocrat class, which I'm field-testing at the moment with an elite NPC villain. She's one of the archvillains of my game, who I wanted to be more of a "Mr Big" type of villain. i.e. lots of manipulative ability, contacts and influence - but little personal fighting power and always relying on underlings.

I've relied a lot on bonus feats, with a limited selection that focuses on flavour of what they do in their spare time/for a living - but won't turn them into rich combat machines. Am contemplating altering this in lieu of talents like the swashbuckler class.

If anyone's interested I can put in on (and feedback is always appreciated)?

saucercrab

Explorer
If anyone wants to tackle those, be my guest. I've been firmly planted in the "Blissfully ignorant of Psi in D&D" camp for about 20 years.
Presto2112 (& Hobo & FentonGib & LordVyreth),
Over on the Paizo message boards, someone posted a PF update for the four base classes in XPF. I DL'ed it; not too bad, especially considering the fact that I am too lazy to work on those. Just do a search for psionics & it should turn up. (I just went there to do a search, but the site is temp. down.)

LordVyreth,
As well, I think someone else also updated the elan there. Myself, I converted it into a template (along with aasimar & tiefling). Still kept the +1 LA.

Other stuff I've done (or have started to) are updates for dragon shaman, dragonfire adept, favored soul (just threw the sorcerer's bloodline into it & added orisons), hexblade (including adding Mike Mearls' suggestions for regular 3.5 revision), marshal, & warlock (ripping off an idea from another poster on Paizo). The hardest part for me is adding a capstone ability.

I like the basic idea behind the swashbuckler that's in another thread here, but I'll tinker with it a bit for my group (decrease the number of bonus feats & talents, but upgrade Fort back to good).

Remove ads