Paths of Legend : Origins (IC)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Leo, who had been on his way at a rapid pace to the only inn in town, stops. His back still to Stoja, he half-turns his head and replies, "Yes?"

Cyral, while nibbling on some left over crisped potatoes, sees two men, one dressed in the traditional robes of a wizard's apprentice, the other wearing well worn traveling clothes, speaking in hushed whispers near the temporary stables set up for the festival.

Merrick, one of many travelers camping out at the edge of the festival grounds, overhears the campfire talk of a group of halflings...

"That storyteller left out the most important hero of all, Argus Speckledstar!"

"Argus wasn't a hero and you know it. Your ancestor was little more than a squire, tending to the King's horse!"

The other halflings all get a good chuckle while the one who was apparently descended from Argus frowned and turned red.

Ben Reilly

First Post
Merrick walks over to the embarrassed halfling and sits down next to him.

"Tell me, little one, more about your ancestor? I couldn't help over hearing your conversation. My name is Merrick and it would honor me to know the whole story and all that were involved. It angers me when others try to bend the past to their likings. Tell me the story of that valiant squire so that he may live again."

I look at the halfling waiting for his response.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Stoja looks up at the mysterious elf, "Well dearie, as much as I like a good yarn and mystery... well actually I don't. One of the perks of being old is your are allowed to be nosey." she smiles ans cackles to herself. "I noticed you earlier and it would seem you are not from round these parts. I can't help but feel there is something going on in the way you were watching the Duke and his storyteller."

She looks around to make sure they are not too alone. "I guess you are not going to be the kind to open up any time soon, but if you ever need to talk to someone, I'll lend an ear dearie." with an affectionate pat on his hand she wanders off to get another toffee apple.

Remove ads