• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: The Azgundi Tournaments

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Yes, there are duel circles in the city for the settling of disputes. All you need is a city guard or other city official to officiate. Since the mercenary is effectively challenging Rennaldo, the law states that Rennaldo may choose the terms of victory. That said, if a fight breaks out within the city that is unofficiated and doesn't take place in a duel circle, all members of the fight on either side are arrested and fined. However, you are currently outside the city, technically, so the city guard is likely to overlook a fight outside the city walls. Getting involved in an unofficiated brawl would undoubtedly tarnish Rennaldo's reputation as an elite guard.

Yttermayn

First Post
Yup. sorry, been a week of hard on the hands type of work, and the artherites really kicked in. it hurt to even type.

going back over the threads, but the last one i remember was the one where the bully challenged me to a fight, right then and there.

/ooc[

Yay! Glad you're back. Can't wait to see your response to my post. :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: Scott DeWar, we need an IC response. I'm going to be pushing things forward tomorrow.

sorry. working on a response now.

Edit:

A breeze blowing the plume in Renaldo's hat being the only sound for a few tense seconds after the Yammering of the faux ringmaster centaur. The sight of the Merc's hand on his sword showed a temperment of extream instability, so delicacy was of the greatest import.

Addressing the hulking brute he says, "I see you wish to pretend to be a gentleman of honor, sir, so i will humor you in this. Perhaps in the dueling ring in say, ... 1/2 hour? First blood would be an appropiate condition of victory for such a slight of your honor."

Diplomacy chack:
Diplomacy check (1d20+7=12)

trying to get the mercenary to calm down from wanting immediate spillage of blood to that of accepting a duel of first blood in a dueling ring within the city. (from deadly hostile to just hostile :D )

ps: I hope this psot was worth the wait

Last edited:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Tournament Grounds: The Line

The mercenary seems abruptly uninterested in the trouble he's caused with the appearance of first the centaur and then the half-ogre. He musters up enough courage to respond to Rennaldo, "Next time, you won't have your big friends around. Knife in your sleep, that's what awaits you." With that, he removes himself from the line and heads back toward the city.

A tournament official toddles up, moving the line along, first saying to Lucius, "If you have a formal complaint about that fellow, be sure to file it with the city guard." He then addresses Rungner, Aohdan, and Johen, "If you, uh, gentlemen intend to compete, please take your places in line. Otherwise, please move along."

Tournament Grounds: Near the City Gate

Aleera lingers in the kiss with Valen for a moment, then pulls away, "Then go join the others in line. I'll go make our report and meet you at the Adventurer's Guild tavern in a couple of hours."

The elven woman heads toward the city gate.

City of Azgund: Main Thoroughfare

Dawn stares at Alaric a moment longer then speaks, "It is a pleasure to meet you, Alaric the Alchemist. Perhaps you would come pay me a visit in the Lords' Manor later today, so that you may regale me with the tale of your journey to Silvergard. I am most curious to know what fate befell a certain dagger with which you may be familiar."

As her procession starts to move again, Dawn's gaze falls upon Shayuri and lingers a moment, "You are Shayuri, yes? You come as well. If you wish, of course."

With that, Dawn turns her gaze foward and her procession of guards and servants moves along toward the House of Lords.

The Adventurer's Guild Compound

Ironhands follows Muzdum out, trotting a bit to catch up to his brother.

"Watch yerself, Muzdum. The shadow knights have their hands full with everything and I heard their might be an assassin coming after you and your group so one of you doesn't get the Silvergard lordship."

Scott DeWar

The mercenary seems abruptly uninterested in the trouble he's caused with the appearance of first the centaur and then the half-ogre. He musters up enough courage to respond to Rennaldo, "Next time, you won't have your big friends around. Knife in your sleep, that's what awaits you." With that, he removes himself from the line and heads back toward the city.

"my big friends?" starts Renaldo. then looking about he continues, "what big friends, I have ..." he spins around to see half a ton of centaur and a quater ton of ogre. "...Oh," He smles broadly, takes his hat off and bows with his tossle of hair flying all about in the breeze. Renaldo D'Argussie, at your service, gentle folk. I was a hair's bredth from complaining to the one who was interrupting my challenge, but that only would have proven me to be quite the horses' ass, eh?" he says with a quick wink to the centaur.

Yttermayn

First Post
"I was a hair's bredth from complaining to the one who was interrupting my challenge, but that only would have proven me to be quite the horses' ass, eh?" he says with a quick wink to the centaur.

Aohdan's dissapointment rapidly evaporates at the fencers witty come-back. "Ah, quite the riposte, my flamboyant fellow. To bad our attempt to carton noir that noisome fellow didn't quite pay off..." Aohdan attempts some witty, fencing related word play with his newfound companion, hoping no-one remembers where he came from in line.

EximiusNero

First Post
Lucius turns to the man who challenged the mercenary. "Thank you my friend, I could have handled that brute myself but its good to see such kindness from strangers. I am Lucius, Cleric of the Order of Illumination."

OOC: I believe no one is using this color for their dialogue, if someone is just say so and I'll be happy to change it.

Scott DeWar

]ooc[
To bad our attempt to carton noir that noisome fellow didn't quite pay off..."
I am afraid carton noir translates to : black paperboard with the babel fish translater.This has a different meaning to me as i am in the construction trades so, could i get a better translation please? *scratches head* ]/ooc[

Renald gives Lucius a very respecful bow." to defend a follower of the just and righteous giver of light and goodness, I would gladly defend with my blood, my very life even." He stands and as he returns his hat and steps back in line, his hand moves to his neck and rubs the place where a knife in his sleep would most likely trace accross, "And appears I may just have volenteered it today."

Helfdan

First Post
Valen joins Aohdan and Johen back at the line. He nods curtly at the nearby swordsman, priest, and half-ogre.

For the benefit of our newcomers: The ones in line see a tall man, lean but broad of shoulder, wrapped in a worn green cloak. His high boots are likewise worn, but bright mail glints from beneath the cloak. A longbow of plain yew and a quiver of gey-goose shafts hang on his back next to a light pack. He removes his cowl to show a fair-skinned, rugged face, an unruly mane of sandy hair, and keen blue eyes. He is serious as he studies the strangers next to his friends, then speaks in a low, rough voice, addressing the druid and centaur.

"Any trouble here?"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads