• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: The Azgundi Tournaments

Yttermayn

First Post
Valen joins Aohdan and Johen back at the line. He nods curtly at the nearby swordsman, priest, and half-ogre.

He is serious as he studies the strangers next to his friends, then speaks in a low, rough voice, addressing the druid and centaur.

"Any trouble here?"

"There wasn't until this guy and some smelly fellow decided not to fight. Some entertainment would have made this damnably long line less of a bother." Aohdan responded regretfully.

[sblock=OOC: carton noir] Babelfishtranslated the words correctly, but not the meaning. It's a fencing term. Someone who dishonors himself by violating the rules of the tournament gets blacklisted from it, aka "black carded". [/sblock]

Amaury

First Post
OoC: being the local French guy here, I can confirm that 'carton noir' doesn't mean much in French (black cardboard),
and 'riposte' is more like a military counterstrike. but both are technically correct.
their meaning escapes me but this is old Centauri French... ;)

Animals fight for territory, mating or hunger.. humans are ready to fight a duel for no reason.. Johen thought,
looking at the scene, when Valen's arrival takes him away from his thoughts.
"Ah, Valen, my friend.. We.. we're just getting into line for the tournament.. " he replies.

He turns back to the rest of the group, and salutes in turn, bowing slightly: "My name is Johen, from the High Forest in Tureni lands.."

The young man has long brown-red hair and his beard is split in two long braids decorated by small bird's feathers. His recent travels away
from the shade of the forest and in the sunshine of the plateau have added a red glow to his otherwise pale skin.
Resting on Johen's shoulder, a brown hawk glances at the scene with alert eyes.

Johen turns to Lucius and asks: "Hum, may I ask what a member of the Order of Illumination is doing at the Tournament?"

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=OOC: carton noir] Babelfishtranslated the words correctly, but not the meaning. It's a fencing term. Someone who dishonors himself by violating the rules of the tournament gets blacklisted from it, aka "black carded". [/sblock]

]ooc[Ah, that is what I needed to know. Thank you. Now i can respond properly [/ooc]

Renaldo nods in kind to Valen, "Not any more, sir. I kind of wish to have tested his metel in the tournaments though."
Then turning to Aohdan he says, "That man could use a lesson in manners, though permanant removal from the tournaments may push him the last short distance over the cliff of murderous rage. that would have caused more trouble then good i fear."

yttermayn said:
"There wasn't until this guy and some smelly fellow decided not to fight. Some entertainment would have made this damnably long line less of a bother." Aohdan responded regretfully.

To the centaur, Renaldo responds with a smile and shrug, "I fear there is no jester here at this time, unless there is one hiding in the line here somewhere ... ?" he then glances about mockingly

Last edited:

Yttermayn

First Post
]ooc[Ah, that is what I needed to know. Thank you. Now i can respond properly [/ooc]

To the centaur, Renaldo responds with a smile and shrug, "I fear there is no jester here at this time, unless there is one hiding in the line here somewhere ... ?" he then glances about mockingly

"Only one such individual bears the raiment of a jester, I expect thee to spot him shortly in the glass of mine eyes."
Aohdan quips.

[sblock=Centauri french]Fencing jargon borrows heavily from french, but has its own meanings attached to the words. It's not it's own complete language, just the terminology for the sport.[/sblock]

EximiusNero

First Post
Lucius addresses the man with the hawk on his shoulder, "I have heard rumors of trouble brewing at this year's tournament and I have come on behalf of my order to protect and serve the people. Any sport I take part in while rooting out evil is just a bonus for me", He smiles broadly. And it seems you all know each other, have you come to take part in the tournament together?"

Arkhandus

First Post
Alaric just quirks an eyebrow at the Lady Dawn's request, curious.

Once her group has moved on, he lets himself think 'How'd she know my name, and know about the Dagger? Well, that it had anything to do with me, anyway.... Of course someone like her might know about it in the general sense, but.... Just what the heck has Entan been tellin' every noble and their half-cousin-twice-removed? And what's that woman got t' do with anything?'

He casts a glance at Shayuri, some more recent apprentice of Entan's or something, and quite unfamiliar to him. "Well that's strange." is all he says out loud, and continues walking off towards the registration for the Tournaments, chewing a bit more on the long blade of grass between his teeth.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Ah'll be careful then." Muzdum walks away. He turns one last time "Thanks" he said before walking away, in the direction of the tournament grounds.

Amaury

First Post
Lucius addresses the man with the hawk on his shoulder, "I have heard rumors of trouble brewing at this year's tournament and I have come on behalf of my order to protect and serve the people. Any sport I take part in while rooting out evil is just a bonus for me", He smiles broadly. And it seems you all know each other, have you come to take part in the tournament together?"

"Rumours of trouble? Really? What sorts? Johen asks, his curiosity suddenly excited.

He continues : "..and yes, Aohdan, Valen and I are indeed competing in the tournament.. though this is the first time.."

Last edited:

Remove ads