Patronage Project? For the Monster book?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Okay, I just kicked in my donation! C'mon people, let's see those pledges!

Yep yep!

For goodness sakes, the $25 level is essentially a pre-order-- you get a copy of the book after all. (And $25 might end up being cheaper than the cover price, too.)

Also remember, you aren't charged anything until the project hits full funding.

booboo

First Post
thanks look great

may be there should be somthing posted on rpg.net the rpgsight.com and paizo

Last edited:

This is a great idea. I'm just trying to decide what level of patronage suits me best.

Does a "new" monster have to be new? There are lots of completely open content monsters out there that I'd love to see get the Trailblazer treatment. (Obviously nothing from the "monster stats are open, but monster names and descriptions are product identity" publishers - you know who you are!)

Also, I really like variant monsters. Would they be available as a "new" monster, or would that be seen as a waste of a slot which could be filled by something entirely new?

Are all the SRD monsters guaranteed a place? I like the idea of holding some of the less popular monsters "hostage" - raise $20 or the tojanida gets the chop!

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
This is a great idea. I'm just trying to decide what level of patronage suits me best.

Does a "new" monster have to be new? There are lots of completely open content monsters out there that I'd love to see get the Trailblazer treatment. (Obviously nothing from the "monster stats are open, but monster names and descriptions are product identity" publishers - you know who you are!)

We can sort that out in conversation, but rest assured I am comfortable using Open Content. (That much should be evident in Trailblazer.)

Also, I really like variant monsters. Would they be available as a "new" monster, or would that be seen as a waste of a slot which could be filled by something entirely new?

That's a perfectly acceptable use of your "monster." You describe the monster, then it's our job to work with you to make sure that what you want is acceptable both to you and to other gamers.

We'll make it work.

Are all the SRD monsters guaranteed a place? I like the idea of holding some of the less popular monsters "hostage" - raise $20 or the tojanida gets the chop!

Heh... That's an interesting angle! I suspect we'll be looking for monsters to cut before we're done so I am certainly open to suggestions.

Remove ads