• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PbP] The Heroes of Silleria

MerakSpielman

First Post
The taste of spring is palpable on the east wind as the party gathers by the western gates of Fifechester the following morining. Their supplies purchaced, the members of the group have only to wait for the final members of their party to arrive before setting out. Finally, they set forth.

Grimbard seems to have the best of it, perched carelessly atop his new pony, which seems more than a little uncertain about the virtues of its new owner. The others propel themselves along the neat dirt road by their own feet. Norynth's dogs seem inexaustable, spending as much time playing as traveling, running forward until they are almost out of sight, and occasionally vanishing into the bushes at the side of the road. More than one familiy of quail is rudely ejected from their peaceful rest as the two dogs come barreling through the vegitation.

The road meanders casually west, through well-cultivated farmland, the earth newly-turned in neat, black furrows. The occasional friendly farmer waves at you as he pauses in his simple chores to watch your group pass. The sun is covered by a few small clouds, so the air is nicely cool on your backs as you travel.

I will need some basic information for when you're traveling.

1st - what is your marching order when on the road?

2nd - how are you doing your watches at night (not that I'd ever have monsters attack you in the night, of course ;) )? Two shifts, or three? Two folks watching at once, or one, (or three)?

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
I think that (providing we are talking about an 9-12 hour night, though I'm not sure of the Season), that 3 watches of 3 or 4 watches is sufficient. I'll volunteer for first watch each night, with Gertrude as well. As I go to sleep, I'll wake Titus up (as Watching is his specialty)
to Watch alongside whoever is on Second Watch.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Oren offers to take first watch with Norynth, or last watch... He'd prefer to get consistent sleep.

Once we've set out traveling, you'll note that he's in a much more well-worn brown canvas outfit... Still fairly clean, but hardly classy. He makes some faint apologies for this, then tries to find someone to carry his backpack.

Also, you'll notice that he now has a dagger on each hip, and on closer inspection you'll notice there's a third jammed down the side of his right boot.

(Note: Backpack contains only his other clothing, and a small steel mirror... The rest he should have no trouble keeping on his person. The loaded backpack comes out to 14 1/2 pounds)

Last edited:

MerakSpielman

First Post
Season is spring. For simplicities sake, assume a "night's sleep" is 9 hours long. About 3 hours total are spent before and after talking, eating, maintaining equipment, practicing skills, meditating, etc... This leaves 12 hours of actual travel every day.

OK, watches:
Michelle does not take a shift.
Eesau's player is still absent (see recruitment thread). He'll take 3rd watch for now.

1st (evening): Norynth, Foran
2nd (deep night): Grimbard
3rd (early morning): Oren, Eesau

Foran is unaccounted for.

The daytime marching order is:
Grimbard (Riding a pony)
Norynth (With dogs)
Oren
Michelle
Foran
Eesau

I am assuming you take off your armor to sleep, but that you sleep with weapons ready and within reach. I also assume you travel with weapons sheathed (and unloaded. Don't want that crossbow going off at the wrong time...).

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
(Sorry, I meant to specify marching order as well... Oren's going to stay close behind Grimbard and/or Norynth, as they seem the most battle-capable.)

garyh

First Post
Grimbard will take whatever watch needs coverage, and will take the point on the marching order if no one else volunteers to.

Remove ads