• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(PbP) The Trail of Fire

Velmont

First Post
When Gimble leaves, the party look at the dwarf. He seems confused.

"Guk? Where does he comes from... I didn't see it at the Inn... and that man, Gimble, always showing up and leaving... and who is Vaul? And... well, I leave my question unanswered for now, I'll try to understand another time, when I'll get use to strange things."

When they arrive at the weapon shop and saw the sign.

"Well, lucky I have still some weapons on me, well tehn, let's leave to... wait a second." Closing his ear on the door. "Someone crying in there." The dwarf knock at the door. "Sorry to disturb, any help needed in here?"

Gimble Godshine

First Post
Velmont said:
When Gimble leaves, the party look at the dwarf. He seems confused.

"Guk? Where does he comes from... I didn't see it at the Inn... and that man, Gimble, always showing up and leaving... and who is Vaul? And... well, I leave my question unanswered for now, I'll try to understand another time, when I'll get use to strange things."

When they arrive at the weapon shop and saw the sign.

"Well, lucky I have still some weapons on me, well tehn, let's leave to... wait a second." Closing his ear on the door. "Someone crying in there." The dwarf knock at the door. "Sorry to disturb, any help needed in here?"

The crying stops and a gruff, but quavering voice answers, "NO, can ye nay read," a sob and he continues in a heavy scottish accent, "Damn it all me Son is missing he went into that blasted cave," He cries for several minutes through the door, and coughs to regain composure and the door opens you see a burly dwarf standing before you, "Go away I can'ney construct weapons without me Son, I just Don'ay have the heart for it," He sniffles and continues in a quavering and soft voice, "find me son, please." He dries his eyes, "Was I really that loud lads?" "If you tell a soul I will kill you with my bare hands," he whispers, "please," he sniffs, "find me son, I'll give ye what ever your obtrusive hearts desire," he gestures to the racks of beutifully shining and some glowing weapons. He then looks both ways down the street and slams the door, "Get goin' ye mangy...ye mangy," he breaks down in muffled sobs...

OOC: 1-10 how am I doin'?

Festy_Dog

First Post
Xiskrin nods as the dwarf closes the door.

"It appears we have ouselves a fair bit of business now folks," he says and starts walking again.

Originally posted by Velmont
"...and who is Vaul?"

"My friend Vaul is a rapier," Xiskrin says while he walks, and indicates the weapon at his side, "And one of considerable power too, thus why he has a name. I'm sure he'll let you know how he feels eventually."

Velmont

First Post
Kharas looks at hos two companion.

"There is many missing people in this town..."

Talking to the one in the shop.

"Do you mean the Draconi cave, at the end of... hem... Trail of Fire?"

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Krog: (Male /Bugbear/Barbarian 1)

Krog eyeing something on the wall grunts in acknowledgement and from deep with in his cloaked figures replies, “Sir, you have yourself a deal as you see I’m a retriever of things of value.” He turns his head back towards the small town, “Besides I’ve had more than my fair share of civilization.”

OOC: I give you an 8 or a 9, I’m twitching for combat with this guy.:D but that should be solved soon. I wish the boards where more consistent.

Gimble Godshine

First Post
Velmont said:
OCC: 7.5.

10 is perfection (no one perfect), 9 I have seen none, 8 is my favorite master, so a 7.5 is pretty good.

OOC: Thanx I think that is more than fair :) Now, Unless anyone has got any suggestionsIshould think you should either

A: Strike out for the draconi cave. (There is to routes, one through a mountain and one over, very "LOTR-esque" No?)

B: Or RP and work a little harder(Collect info from my various and mostly stupid townspeople, and not as in the skill, as in buying someone some beers and getting your answer before he/she passes out, this is difficult and I will be unforgiving with the npc responces but it will be well worth it((eg.A drunk asks you for a drink and you refuse, he ceases to speak with you, or worse...)) and find a special route with better treasure and better still monsters...

C: Or (Probably harder still) you can carve out your own path.

OOC: Voting would probably be the easiest method of coming up with the answer...

Gimble Godshine

First Post
Velmont said:

10 is perfection (no one perfect), 9 I have seen none, 8 is my favorite master, so a 7.5 is pretty good.

OOC: Thanx I think that is more than fair :) Now, Unless anyone has got any suggestionsIshould think you should either

A: Strike out for the draconi cave. (There is to routes, one through a mountain and one over, very "LOTR-esque" No?)

B: Or RP and work a little harder(Collect info from my various and mostly stupid townspeople, and not as in the skill, as in buying someone some beers and getting your answer before he/she passes out, this is difficult and I will be unforgiving with the npc responces but it will be well worth it((eg.A drunk asks you for a drink and you refuse, he ceases to speak with you, or worse...)) and find a special route with better treasure and better still monsters...

OOC: Voting would probably be the easiest method of coming up with the answer...

Gimble Godshine

First Post
Velmont said:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads