• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PCGen v5.15.11 (Beta) Released!

Maredudd

First Post
PCGen, the worlds most flexible d20 character generation and maintenance software, announces the release and immediate availability for download of PCGen v5.15.11 (Beta)!

To download your free copy of PCGen, point you browser to PCGen's Download Page.

With the second beta release of the current development cycle, the PCGen team has already squashed some significant bugs! Most significantly, an issue with running the new data converter on Mac and Linux machines has been fixed and good progress has been made towards filling in the gaps in the recently added Pathfinder RPG data set. To see the full list of bug fixes, checkout the Release Notes.

Your reports of bugs have been very useful so far and you'll see most of those reported issues fixed in this release. So please do keep giving the beta releases a try, whether it is loading up your favourite character from PCGen 5.14; trying out the converter on your data; or giving the new data sets a try. And remember, any reports on the Pathfinder RPG set would be best directed to the PCGen Experimental mailing list at PCGen_Experimental@Yahoo!. Remember to use a prefix of [PFRPG] in the subject line please.

PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20 systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified by users for their own campaigns. For more information about PCGen, join us at PCGen@Yahoo! or visit our website and wiki.

This software uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, used with permission. This software is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Pathfinder, Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.

PCGen Team

Tharian

First Post
When loading the Pathfinder Beta Rules data set, I saw the following error:

SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Ex Paladin
Orignal: file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/xxx/My%20Documents/Downloads/pcgen51511/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/pathfinder_rpg_beta_playtest_edition/pathfinder_beta_classes_base.lst
Duplicate: file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/xxx/My%20Documents/Downloads/pcgen51511/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/pathfinder_rpg_beta_playtest_edition/pathfinder_beta_classes_base.lst
WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
LSTERROR Illegal Token 'MOVE' 'Swim,60' for pcgen.core.Equipment Pearl of the Sirines
LSTERROR Illegal Token 'MOVE' 'Fly,60' for pcgen.core.Equipment Wings of Flying
SEVERE More than one PCClass with key/name Ex Paladin was built
SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Devotion
SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Link
All Done

Maredudd

First Post
Hi Tharian!

SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Ex Paladin
Orignal: file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/xxx/My%20Documents/Downloads/pcgen51511/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/pathfinder_rpg_beta_playtest_edition/pathfinder_beta_classes_base.lst
Duplicate: file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/xxx/My%20Documents/Downloads/pcgen51511/data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/pathfinder_rpg_beta_playtest_edition/pathfinder_beta_classes_base.lst
WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
LSTERROR Illegal Token 'MOVE' 'Swim,60' for pcgen.core.Equipment Pearl of the Sirines
LSTERROR Illegal Token 'MOVE' 'Fly,60' for pcgen.core.Equipment Wings of Flying
SEVERE More than one PCClass with key/name Ex Paladin was built
SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Devotion
SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Ability Special Ability Link
All Done

I've posted this report to the PCGen_Experimental@Yahoo! list.

Thanks for the report!

Maredudd

LegacyKing

First Post
Thanks for the report. All have been fixed. You can grab the latest auto build from the site <http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/> or wait a few more days for the beta release of 5.15.12.

-Andrew

Tharian

First Post
Thanks for the info.

Another issue I'm seeing is that as I try to create a rogue (porting over my character from the character sheet), I'm not able to select any skills. When I select "Add 1" from the right-click menu on Acrobatics, it tells me I'm at max ranks.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=39006&stc=1&d=1234311404

And then in the bottom right of the main screen, I see the following:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=39005&stc=1&d=1234311404

I hope those images come through correctly.

Attachments

• Screenshot2.png
    Screenshot2.png
    140.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot-PCGen.png
    Screenshot-PCGen.png
    7 KB · Views: 80

Maredudd

First Post
Hi Tharian!

Thanks for the info.

Another issue I'm seeing is that as I try to create a rogue (porting over my character from the character sheet), I'm not able to select any skills. When I select "Add 1" from the right-click menu on Acrobatics, it tells me I'm at max ranks.

This is a known bug that has been fixed for the next beta release (scheduled for this coming weekend.)

Maredudd

Remove ads