• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PDAs holding reference material?

Tetsuyama

First Post
Has anyone tried this? It looks like there are a couple of PDAs in the almost-affordable range (under $150), and I was wondering if anyone had tried putting the SRD on a memory stick for their PDA so that they could look stuff up faster or anything..

It seems like it could be kind of handy, especially if there was an easy way to switch between looking at your character (preferably with mods and keeping track of current subdual and HPs) and the SRD/house rules stuff. Maybe an indispensable tool for DMs?

Christian

Explorer
I converted the spell lists from the SRD into an e-book for my PDA (using the Weasel Reader*). It works OK, but it's not really much faster than leafing through the PH, IME.

*Formerly the GutenPalm Reader, named after the Gutenberg Project, which makes classic texts with expired copyrights freely available as text files, and of course, after the PalmOS it's designed for. The system makes it easy to convert text files, like those supplied by the Gutenberg Project, into e-books. The reader has since been renamed after the Palm, Inc. legal department. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads