D&D 3E/3.5 [peach]my attempt at a sling rework that makes it better and more true to life

This sling might not be the most powerful weapon on the list but it does have its niches. It is the only weapon that allows a rogue to sneak attack with blunt damage (I can't remember if the boomerang is Blunt).
They are ridiculously cheap and lightweight. Good picks for skeleton, commones and other minions and everyone should carry one as a backup. You should be allowed to carry one 'loaded' for oh crap moments.

Panda-s1

Scruffy and Determined
my 3.5-fu is rusty as heck, but iirc there aren't any other weapons that have a difference between what kind of weapon proficiency they have.

actually what exactly do you mean by "simple weapon proficiency" and "martial weapon proficiency"? as I remember no class ever got either feat by default. everyone either got proficiency with simple weapons, proficiency with martial weapons, or just a jumbled list of weapons that were appropriate to the class. if it's this specific you might as well make a new sling that requires exotic weapon proficiency to use.

balmz

Villager
meant like characters that are either proficient in simple weapons but not martial or they are proficient in both simple and martial weapons

Panda-s1

Scruffy and Determined
meant like characters that are either proficient in simple weapons but not martial or they are proficient in both simple and martial weapons
does this exist anywhere else in 3.5? I'm not against this idea, I just don't think it works this way.

balmz

Villager
no characters generally start already proficeicent in some weapons, some only with simple, some with simple and martial, i made it so the sling works better with martial proficiency

Panda-s1

Scruffy and Determined
no characters generally start already proficeicent in some weapons, some only with simple, some with simple and martial, i made it so the sling works better with martial proficiency
okay but what I'm saying is the game doesn't really have a good way to signify that other than the Martial Weapon Proficiency feat itself. like druid has scimitar proficiency, does that mean druids would get to use slings as if they were a martial weapon?

balmz

Villager
i wrote in the rework that druids can use the sling as a martial weapon

monks and druids treat it as a martial weapon.

Remove ads