People who you have blocked quoting you?

TheSword

Legend
I don’t have many people blocked, but occasionally when I think someone is getting pretty confrontational I do block folks.

However one person in particular I have on bock has started quoting me in threads. Copying and pasting I guess.

What the policy on this? Is it against the rules? It seems kinda crazy that someone can be quoting stuff you’ve said in some way, using other accounts or whatever but you can’t see them, defend your viewpoint or even know they have posted.

Reynard

Legend
I don’t have many people blocked, but occasionally when I think someone is getting pretty confrontational I do block folks.

However one person in particular I have on bock has started quoting me in threads. Copying and pasting I guess.

What the policy on this? Is it against the rules? It seems kinda crazy that someone can be quoting stuff you’ve said in some way, using other accounts or whatever but you can’t see them.
There is a setting that allows you to make yourself invisible to people on your ignore list. I don't think it is case by case, though.

TheSword

Legend
There is a setting that allows you to make yourself invisible to people on your ignore list. I don't think it is case by case, though.
2 way block is already enabled. This person is bypassing this and then manually quoting sections of text.

TheSword

Legend
I can’t report it. I have the person blocked. Unless I unblock them then block them again… which doesn’t seem right.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's too vague to comment on. But I would note that the ignore function isn't followed by certain third party apps (such as Tapatalk) so folks who use that won't ever know they are blocked and won't be affected by the feature. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about that, and we can't force Tapatalk to adhere to the block function.

So there's a good chance that from that user's perspective, there's no blocking going on. It's probably not underhand. Well, hopefully not.

I also bet I know who that is. Well, one of two.

TheSword

Legend
It's too vague to comment on. But I would note that the ignore function isn't followed by certain third party apps (such as Tapatalk) so folks who use that won't ever know they are blocked and won't be affected by the feature. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about that, and we can't force Tapatalk to adhere to the block function.

So there's a good chance that from that user's perspective, there's no blocking going on. It's probably not underhand. Well, hopefully not.

I also bet I know who that is. Well, one of two.
It’s not Tapatalk. They know they’re blocked. They’ve done this before and directed addressed the block, Saying that nobody should listen to me (a conclusion people are more than likely of coming to on their own)

I only know about it because another poster showed me.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It’s not Tapatalk. They know they’re blocked. They’ve done this before and directed addressed the block, Saying that nobody should listen to me (a conclusion people are more than likely of coming to on their own)
Then report it. Stalking is unacceptable.

Remove ads