ZEITGEIST PG Kasvarina - Is it doable?

azzeren

Villager
Hi yall
After playing for a little more than a year my group has almost finally reached the final part of the first book (awesome book btw, what a setting, what an adventure).
The agents took on Kell a little bit earlier than expected and managed to take him down, in the fight, tho, our beloved monk took a machete to the knee and sadly passed.
The player is now in the process of deciding the new character and i got the idea of letting him play the Ob queen herself, Kasvarina, soon to be rescued by the team and one large eladrin dreadnought.
At first thought i believe it could be interesting to play such a interesting character, with many occasions to discovery its backstory (looking forward to the arc of Reida). Sure some parts of the book would need some (heavy?) changes, but all in all it looks doable to me.
Heres the catch: i'm dumb, so i don't fully trust my judgment on this decision. So i'm here to ask you guys all the ways this could go wrong.
So, is Kasvarina doable as a pg or is it just better to leave her as an npc for plot reasons?

Thank you all and, again, what and adventure

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Hi yall
After playing for a little more than a year my group has almost finally reached the final part of the first book (awesome book btw, what a setting, what an adventure).
The agents took on Kell a little bit earlier than expected and managed to take him down, in the fight, tho, our beloved monk took a machete to the knee and sadly passed.
The player is now in the process of deciding the new character and i got the idea of letting him play the Ob queen herself, Kasvarina, soon to be rescued by the team and one large eladrin dreadnought.
At first thought i believe it could be interesting to play such a interesting character, with many occasions to discovery its backstory (looking forward to the arc of Reida). Sure some parts of the book would need some (heavy?) changes, but all in all it looks doable to me.
Heres the catch: i'm dumb, so i don't fully trust my judgment on this decision. So i'm here to ask you guys all the ways this could go wrong.
So, is Kasvarina doable as a pg or is it just better to leave her as an npc for plot reasons?

Thank you all and, again, what and adventure

In my game, we got a new player around he end of adventure 2 and she submitted an Eladrin Sorcerer with an amnesia backstory.

A week or two later, Diaspora was released and I had the inspiration to make her secretly Kasvarina (after also checking here to make sure I wouldn’t break anything!)

She found out during the events of adventure 5 when some Ob mook asked her what her orders were in a scene that I now realize fell right out of Fight Club.

Anyway, it was amazing. It really added depth to the whole Kasvarina story and made Diaspora about a PC’s backstory instead of just following an NPC around.

That being the case, I also broke up Diaspora so bits of it happened all throughout adventures 6 & 7, whenever they were in the right places. It was very satisfying and a lot of fun.

I did adventure reports here if you want to see how it went, but I definitely slacked off after a while.

Last edited:

azzeren

Villager
Thanks for the insights :D
By now im pretty sure that we will have a Kasvarina PG, one doubt remanins, how should I handle Asrabey? He just retires to the dreaming?

At what point? In canon he tries to rescue her and gets fed up that she's not the woman he remembered. He thinks she's weak, but he'll obey her instructions.

I suppose a PC Kasvarina might try to bring Asrabey along as extra firepower, but you could play up his ego. If she insists on having others with her, she must think he's an insufficient bodyguard, and so he'll demand a different mission where he won't be insulted every day by the presence of the other PCs.

MrsMongoose

Explorer
Any chance you could expand on that? One of my players is Kasvarina's daughter as well, but I'm unsure how to make this relevant, tie it into the story, or when to reveal more on Kasvarina's background.
Here you go, but you'll have to dig into any Nevla references

Joesrietman

First Post
Here you go, but you'll have to dig into any Nevla references
Thank you so much! and what a great write-up :)

Remove ads