PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Halford

Visitor
Dair Shadowcatch AC 18, HP 8, 3/8/0

Dair's slings whirls and a bullet flies out towards the skeleton striking bone with a resounding crack. The Halfling then side steps placeing himself behind to the west of the door as he deftly reloads his sling.

[sblock=Hit 19 Damage 2 Bludgeoning] Sling (1d20+8=19, 1d3+1=2) [/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Phoenix8008

Visitor
Round 1-Order of battle
-Xir (AC:19, HP:19/21)
-Dair (AC: 18, HP: 8/8)
-Skeleton – 2 damage
-Periwinkle (AC:17, HP:7/7)

Xir's blade flashes across the room with a green glow but strikes between the ribs of the skeleton without much damage. Dair's slingstone catches it right in the forhead though, causing a small hole and a crack running back through the skull. The skeleton continues forward undetered and reaches out to slash it's claws at Xir just as his blade is reforming in his hand. One claw is blocked, but the other scratches thin bloody lines across the face of the Xeph.

Skeleton claw attacks at Xir. (1d20+1=21, 1d4+1=2, 1d20+1=14, 1d4+1=4) 2 damage to Xir.

Ooc: Periwinkle's turn!
 

covaithe

Visitor
"Oh! You're hurt! Ow! That looks bad! Does it hurt? Don't worry, I know how to take care of lots of kinds of cuts and wounds and things. And I'll stop that mean old skeleton, too!" Periwinkle cries as the skeleton claws Xir. She steps forward and holds the symbol of Galatea high. "Hey, you! Mister Bones! Galatea doesn't like it when people are naughty and hurt other people, so stop it! Right now!" At the last words a weak flash of bluish light washes over the room. It has no visible effect on the skeleton. "Oops," she says, weakly.

[sblock=ooc]5' step into the square that Dair vacated and turn undead. Turning check is a 9, so she can only turn undead that have 0 hit dice. :( [/sblock]
 

Halford

Visitor
Dair Shadowcatch AC 18, HP 8, 3/8/0

"Xirr back!" The Halfling calls hearing the clash.

Then giving Sister Periwinkle an extremely dirty look Dair steps past her.

"Took my spot, bigged arsed..." The Halfling mutters darkly his voice trailing off into a mutinous rumble.

With a sigh the Halfling tumbles past Xirr and into the room before unleashing another sling bullet at the skeleton.

[sblock=Hit 17 Damage 4 Bludgeoning, Tumble 24] Dair's shot -4 if Xirr is still next to the skeleton after his turn. (1d20+8=17, 1d3+1=4) No offence Covaithe, Dair's a git... Tumble (1d20+9=24) [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Pheonix I need to know which square the Skeleton is occupying, I'm trying to tumble past and end up with as large of a gap as possible between Dair and the Skeleton; he should be able to reach any of the squares in the room and next to Xirr's square he would only be tumbling out of Xirr's space as that's the only one which would provoke. Can I also ask if you are sure the Skeleton got two attacks on Xirr? Does it have pounce? Sorry to be that guy.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The xeph stoically takes the blow and unceremoniously attempts to slam his green blade into the undead's ribcage. It skitters aside. Xir steps out of the door to let others in.

OOC: Mind Blade: AC 10.
 

Phoenix8008

Visitor
[sblock=OOC]I posted all this last night and the system ate my post. So I'll try again. The Skeleton moved to E5 when it attacked Xir. It was only able to do the one attack since it moved. (Thanks for keeping me honest, Halford. I don't mind anybody being 'that guy'. I'm a bit rusty DMing 3rd Edition again since I switched to 4E when it came out for my home game.) Since it's first attack was the one that hit, we won't need to retcon anything other than the second attack not being made. I was gonna ask where Xir steps and where Dair tumbles to, but it's irrelevant now after that second slingstone...[/sblock]

Periwinkle tries to channel her divine power against the undead without success. Xir tries again to slice the creature, but his blade skids along dry bones without harm. Dair again sends a slingstone flying and nails the creature in the head once more. The skull crumbles and the rest of the bones fall to the floor in a clatter.

I need Spot checks for all 3 PC's please.
 

covaithe

Visitor
As the skeleton drops, Periwinkle rushes to examin Xir's face where it looked like he got a nasty cut, but now his skin appears unblemished. She is so preoccupied with this that she fails to notice much else.

ooc: spot 9
 

Halford

Visitor
Dair moves over to the skeleton, giving it a precautionary kick - just in case. For a moment he considers pocketing the scroll, but thinks better of it.

He picks up the scroll and unfurls it waving it towards Periwinkle and saying,

"Scroll - magic?"

If he can read the text he does so, reading it to the others unless it seems exceptionally profitable to do otherwise.

OOC: Don't worry I'd never actually have Dair steal stuff from the party, or with hold treasure, etc., I will just pay lip service to him considering it.
 

Phoenix8008

Visitor
The writing upon the scroll is legible to Dair and seems unlikely to be magical. It appears to be a hastily scrawled message written in common.
[sblock=scroll]Greetings to whomever has retrieved this scroll from the skeleton. I implore you to take this missive to the pseudodragon that should be the rightful owner of the house where this skeleton was sent to. If perchance an overbearing upstart of a man owns the house instead, then all may be lost as he will likely have sold off the very item which I am in dire need of. The staff with the red crystal affixed to it's end must be brought through the portal to me. It is a matter of life and death. Make sure the bearers of the staff are competent and tough, for they will surely be tested.

Please hurry,

Alahastor Darque[/sblock]
 

Halford

Visitor
Dair gives the gist of this message to his companions,

"Old Wizard wants staff, dragon's got it. He's through the portal, we'll need hazard pay."

With that he throws the scroll to Xirr for the Xeph to examine and begins to search the basement.

OOC: Dair will take a 20 to search the basement if his companions allow him - for a 25.
 

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir calmly reads the document. He then as stoically calls out to thin air.

Verminar: The skeleton is dealt with and are arrangement at and end. However, there is a matter involving your former Master that needs discussing. New evidence. We will meet in the den as agreed.

He then waits for the halfling to finish before heading upstairs.
 

covaithe

Visitor
"Is he in trouble? Oh, how exciting! I mean, that we get to go rescue him, not that he's in trouble. Hurry up, Dair! Here, let me help you. Did you check behind the cobwebs? Once I lost my favorite sewing needle under a chest and I couldn't see it when I looked because there was a web blocking the way, and I didn't find it until Sister Anemone made me move all the furniture and dust as a punishment after I set her almanac on fire. Oh, did you see that? A crack between the stones! Maybe it's a hidden passage, or a secret treasure room, or a... well maybe it's just a rat hole. But keep looking!" Surprisingly, Periwinkle is actually helpful in Dair's search, pointing out a couple of minor things he missed.

ooc: search check to aid another is 11.
 

Advertisement

Top