PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
The basement room is awash with the blue glow pouring out of the portal. Walking forward in line, each member of the team walks through what seems to be a wall of water and immediately feels as though they are falling through a starry night sky! The silence is deafening and hearts fail to beat during the fall. Just as their lungs are straining to draw in a breath, in a flash of light they tumble onto a hard stony surface.

The first thing you notice is darkness. Nearly complete darkness which is only lit by a faint blue glow from behind you. A deeper darkness lies to either side as you suddenly realize that you all stand upon some kind of bridge or platform only ten feet or so wide. Your eyes follow the smooth stone away from the blue glow and see two creatures moving in the dim light towards you. Their red eyes gleam in the darkness as their tusks chomp in anticipation. The two orcs draw weapons from their sheaths and emit an echoing howl as they approach to attack!

EDIT: Please post initiatives from IC and list first actions. I'll assume that everyone is able to stand up before first round unless you don't want to for some reason. Orcs' initiative (1d20+0=10)

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle stands up, her eyes wide. "Goodness! I think those things are going to attack us! And they need baths, too!" Her nose wrinkles in distaste, and she steps back as she quickly mutters the words to an orison of light, casting it on her shield, which takes on a strong blue glow.

ooc: Initiative 14. Periwinkle casts light, and moves away from the orcs, trying to get behind Xir.

[sblock=spells prepared]
Spells per day: 3/2+1
Save DC: 12 + spell lvl
0: detect magic, message, light
1: bless, prot. from evil (D), shield of faith
[/sblock]

Last edited:

lukfugl

First Post
Kona'i stands, squinting at the approaching humanoids. He's grateful when Periwinkle's light spell flares into existence. He readies himself to retaliate* if either orc attempts to close with him; if an orc does not come within reach, he'll move to attack the nearest orc with his quarterstaff**.

Initiative: 6 (+1)
* Flurry of Blows, +1/+1 for 1d6+3 each
** Quarterstaff, +3 for 1d6+3
AC: 13, Touch: 13, FF: 12

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Seeing clearly in the darkness with his luminous eyes, the xeph leaps to his feet. Signaling to monk and halfling to flank, Xir rushes forward, somehow running vertically along the platform to get around the orcs. As he does so, his green mindblade reforms.

OOC: Xephs have darkvision, so Xir can see even before the light. Init 12. Use Up the Walls to move around the orcs to set up a flank (move); form mindblade (move as standard).

Halford

First Post
Dair Shadowcatch AC 18, HP

[sblock=Initiative 20]Initiative (1d20+5=20) [/sblock]

Dair stands and waits until Periwinkle's light floods forward to move forward towards the Orcs, attempting to get close enough to discern their anatomy clearly. He then launches a sling stone at the creatures.

[sblock=Hit 19, Damage 5, 4 without sneak attack]To hit, damage, sneak attack. (1d20+8=19, 1d3+1=4, 1d6=1) Should get sneak attack as the Orcs are flatfooted not having acted yet - assuming they are not immune[/sblock]

OOC: Sorry Pheonixx but how far away are the Orcs, is the dim light sufficient for low-light vision? Who has the Everburning Torch? If he can see by either low-light or because someone had the Torch out, then he does not delay until after Periwinkle, otherwise he does.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Round 1
-Periwinkle casts light on her shield while Dair waits to see better.
-With a little light on the subject, Dair launches a sling stone and pegs the first Orc right in the eye. It yelps and clutches at its eye with its non-swordhand.
-Xir walks right off the edge of the bridge to the astonishment of his teammates who haven't seen such wonders before. He covers the distance on the side edge of the walkway and then steps back up on the level ground behind the Orcs with his mindblade glowing vividly in the dim light.
-Both orcs turn and swing at Xir after he miraculously reappears out of the chasm. The first one can barely swing its weapon as it clutches its injured eye. The second orc is quicker, but still can't pierce the Xeph's defenses.
-Kona'i moves forward and swings his quarterstaff at the uninjured orc with Xir on it's other side, but can't get through to damage the monster.

Orc 1 falchion attack at Xir (1d20 4=14, 2d4 4=9)
Orc 2 falchion attack at Xir (1d20 4=11, 2d4 4=9)
Kona'i quarterstaff attack on Orc 2 with flanking. (1d20 3 2=11, 1d6 3=6)

OOC: Dair- nobody here has low-light vision. Nobody has said who took the Everburning torch or whether or not they have it out. Somebody needs to claim it for carrying purposes at least. Periwinkle, Dair, and Xir can give me actions then I'll post the Orcs and Kona'i can go after that.

Attachments

• PH2.1.bmp
    195.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

lukfugl

First Post
OOC: I'll have Kona'i carry the torch, but he doesn't have it out yet. The other characters (read: Dair ;) can berate him for that IC after the battle. Dang sucky attack roll. :)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Hopefully, everybody can see the map I made and understand where everyone is. If anybody can't, let me know and I'll describe it. (I used to be able to upload the pic and then IMG tag it and make it show up on the page itself but its not working the same now for some reason.)

Remove ads