PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: The portal does not look any more open or dangerous than any other time you've seen it. If it was open, one or both of you could go right through it and if its not open then you'll both just bounce off harmlessly. I'll let you decide if you want to revise your action or not, Stonegod.
OOC: So its not a giant blur of dangerous-looking proto-open-portal? Bummer. Not like my Str checked looked great anyway. Xir will just attack then a miss with that 8 I rolled above.

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle flourishes her wand dramatically, and the familiar blue sparkly glow appears at its tip. She hesitates before applying the wand, however, seeing Xir in need as well. Impulsively she turns and hustles toward Xir, still holding the charge.

[sblock=ooc]Crap, I thought I'd already posted for this round. Sorry! Periwinkle casts CLW from the wand but holds the charge. She moves her full speed toward Xir. Intent is to get two charges into him next round.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Peladus casts again, but misses his target.

-Xir slashes again at the druid, but his arm is tiring and he can't bypass the druid's defenses.

-Periwinkle charges the wand in her hand and moves towards Xir, but doesn't get to him yet.

-Kona'i strikes twice more at the wolf before him, hitting it once and bringing the beast down. It quickly dissolves into smoke as its summoning ends along with its life. Kona'i moves towards the portal to help Xir finish the druid if possible.

-Balthazar growls in defiance but his blow seems weak as well, clanging off of Xir's armor without much force.

-Dair and the Hunter continue to hold off the horde of goblinoids at the corner.

-Peladus, Xir, and Periwinkle again...[sblock=Init/Status/Map]19- Balthazar (-26 hp)
19- Wolf 3 (-25 hp, dead)
17- Kona'i (1/10 hp)
16- Peladus (8/11 hp)
12- Xir (10/31 hp)
10- Periwinkle (11/11 hp, +4 AC from total defense)
attachment.php
[/sblock]
Kona'i flurry of blows at W3. (1d20+3+1=13, 1d6+3=4, 1d20+3+1=16, 1d6+3=9)
Balthazar staff attack at Xir AC21. (1d20+5+1=9, 2d6+3=9)

Attachments

• PH2-Balthazar9.JPG
    PH2-Balthazar9.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Down to his last spell, Peladus hesitates for just a moment, then chuckles to himself.

"Won't do me much good against the goblin hordes," he thinks.

His fingers move through the practised motions and a blue-white beam of glistening frost lances towards the druid. Grunting in satisfaction as it hits home, he proceeds to reload his crossbow.

[sblock=OOC]Ray of Frost against Balthazar (all relevant modifiers included): (1d20+3+1+1-4=20, 1d3+1=4)[/sblock][sblock=Today’s Spells]Spells per day: 4/3

Cantrips:
Acid Splash
Acid Splash
Ray of Frost
Ray of Frost

Level 1:
Color Spray
Magic Missile
Magic Missile[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle pats Xir approvingly on the shoulder as she comes up behind him. "Well struck! We've got him on the run no, mister no-good meany-pants!" To punctuate her eloquent dismissal, she taps Xir with the wand again. It sputters and fizzes, nearly spent, but emits healing energy one more time.

[sblock=ooc]Move behind Xir in D4. Touch him, discharging the held charge of CLW. Cast CLW from the wand again. 2 charges heals 10. The wand has one charge remaining.
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Peladus hits Balthazar right in the chest with his ray of frost, leaving a frozen over spot that Xir plunges his mindblade into the center of. The druids eyes go wide in shock as he drops his staff to the floor. Mouthing something inaudible as blood runs out of his mouth, Balthazar finally falls lifeless to the ground in front of Xir.

The battle at the far end of the corridor escalates for a moment as there is more shouting and confusion. This quickly changes to shouts of triumph and congratulations though as the people of Haven come into view led by their Captain.

"And now, I can finish this properly instead of stalling further..."
Alahastor says from beside the gate.

OOC: More complete wrap-up coming as soon as possible. Probably a day or two though as I need to get everything together and typed up.

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus' eyes widen at Darque's comment.

"I didn't know you could stall a spell once you'd started it," he thinks, and watches Darque with great interest.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir breaths in heavily, releasing his green blade. After a moment, his breathing steadies.

He turns, nods to the wizard opening the gate, and waits.

Remove ads