D&D 5E Phandelver starting to show up in the wild. NewbieDM looks to be the first!

that's, like, your opinion. My players would find that anti climatic for a boss fight at the end of an adventure. Also, I can't see anyway it even comes close to killing a PC unless it focuses fire on one of them.
Feel like your forgetting this ability.

Mind Blast (Recharge 5–6). Creatures of the refraction’s choice within 60 feet of it must succeed on a DC 19 Intelligence saving throw or take 33 (5d10 + 6) psychic damage and have the stunned condition for 1 minute. A stunned creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
That's a really tough save.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Feel like your forgetting this ability.

Mind Blast (Recharge 5–6). Creatures of the refraction’s choice within 60 feet of it must succeed on a DC 19 Intelligence saving throw or take 33 (5d10 + 6) psychic damage and have the stunned condition for 1 minute. A stunned creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
That's a really tough save.
I must have missed that one! Yes, that's a game changer.

mamba

Legend
Ok, now I am curious what this is....

1694050508559.png

So far I get a 404 (page not found) error

I hope this is just because of it being in pre-release...

ECMO3

Hero
Anyone know if this is going to continue the recent trend of giving a feat at 1st level, either a new custom feat as part of a background or Tough or Magic Initiate if you use a background from another book?

Dragonlance, Spelljammer and Glory of the Giants all had this element.

pukunui

Legend
Anyone know if this is going to continue the recent trend of giving a feat at 1st level, either a new custom feat as part of a background or Tough or Magic Initiate if you use a background from another book?

Dragonlance, Spelljammer and Glory of the Giants all had this element.
There aren't any new backgrounds (or any other player content) in the Phandelver book, so no ... ?

EDIT :Ninja'd!

Remove ads