Level Up (A5E) Phase 2 stretch goals

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
The two synergy feat trees are an awesome idea and open up so many possibilities! Actually for the 400k streatch goal I'd prefer a synergy feat tree for to become a Lich than the gm's screen
The gap to get those stretch goals from the current one seems quite wide from the current one, though.
at first I was heavily in agreement with this but the more I thought about it the more I started to wonder what the clear mechanical difference would be between revenant & lich feats. Both are kinda similar undead. Sure a lich leans more towards caster, but that would come mainly from the class levels.

at first I was heavily in agreement with this but the more I thought about it the more I started to wonder what the clear mechanical difference would be between revenant & lich feats. Both are kinda similar undead. Sure a lich leans more towards caster, but that would come mainly from the class levels.
Mechanically there are significant differences though:
  • the revenant finds another body after 24h (unless a wish is cast to prevent so), the lich reforms its own body in 1d10 days (unless the phylactery is destroyed).
  • the revenant regenerates 10hp unless it takes radiant damage, the lich has legendary resistance 3/day
  • the revenant has turn immunity, the lich has turn resistance (advantage on saves)
  • the revenant has a powerful melee attack on the enemy it swore vengeance to, the lich has paralyzing touch
  • the revenant has vengeful gaze on the enemey it swore vengeance to, the lich has 3 legendary actions (probably op for a player, but they could legit become features that can be activated as an action or a reaction)
  • finally the path of lichdom could lead to demi-lichdom or arch-lichdom, but I don't know if there are similar options for a revenant

Remove ads