• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Photographic Memory Rules?

Zog

First Post
Traps & Trickery has such a feat...

and making it a feat seems to be the best way to go.

The Traps & Treickery book contains a feat - 'perfect memory' or 'instant memorize' I forget the name. Basically, you look at a doument, you can remember what it looks like, and reproduce it if need be. Reproduce the info, that is, forgery still needed to duplicate it exactly...

But that is about all there is to it.

Valicor

First Post
In the psionics handbook there is a skill similar to photographic memory. It allows you to memorize up to 800 words at a time, and other things. it is called Autohypnosis.

First Post
Caderlys' Perfect Memory?

How would a character gain the photographic memory displayed by the "Caderly" character from the Cleric Quintet FR books?

After scribing a duplicate spellbook for a mage, the mage returned weeks later in hopes that Caderly could make another copy from memory (The stupid mage got his book burned up). Caderly appairently had absolutely no problem duplicating the entire spellbook.

The Autohypnosis skill mentioned from Psionics handbook requires Psionic ability (which could conceavably be explained as some of his abilities), but it specificly states that this ability can not be used to duplicate a magic scroll or spellbook. I have not read the d20 feat that was mentioned, but my DM would never allow it. (A single feat that makes spell scribing cost nothing at all.., that is just to good. The mage could walk around with some blank parchment solely for the purpose of translating new spells into his head, then just sell them to another mage or guild.

Presonally I would allow Autohypnosis to copy spellbooks with a huge DC that only Epic characters could possibly achive.

Remove ads