• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pics of female fighters/knights in realistic armor?

NewJeffCT

First Post

TheAuldGrump

First Post
If you've been slashed across the belly, you can still act to defend yourself and even fight back, albeit feebly; slashed-open abdominal muscles is a crippling injury but not paralyzing. A good hard knock on the head, however, and it's lights out. You cease to be a threat and the enemy can finish you off at her leisure.

Like I said, neck/chest/belly are the next things you protect after the head. But the head comes first. To the best of my knowledge, in all of history there has never been an army that gave its soldiers armor but not helmets.
North America, Central America, and Great Zimbabwe, off hand.

But I will cede your point - aboriginal armors in the Americas were little more than slats of wood strung together and worn like a rigid apron. They did not have helmets.

So, I will agree - once the helmet has been introduced covering the head comes first.

The Auld Grump

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
The biggest problem with breast shaped armour isn't that it deflects hits to your heart. It's that any good hit is going to direct the cleavage part of the armor itself into your sternum which then cracks. It's the same physics as walking on ice versus crawling on ice. You want the hit to land on a wide area, not a narrow little corridor that directs the entire force of the impact into your chest. Good luck breathing at all after that.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
When doing a google image search on female warriors, most pictures are of women that are in the typical chainmail or brass bikini. While I love cheesecake as much as the next guy, it's not what I want. (after the chainmail bikini/red sonja, you get a few of Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman and then several of Xena.)

What I'm looking for is a a picture or three of a strong looking woman in realistic medium to heavy armor - chainmail, splint, plate, etc. (I like to find pictures that I use when introducing a potential major NPC)

Xena wears leather armor, I think, and Lucy Lawless is a bit thinner than I'm looking for. This is for a culture where women are raised from birth to be warriors.

This picture would be perfect if the woman's upper thighs weren't bare. Her arms and chest are covered and the arm makes sure her arms don't look too scrawny.

Female_Knight_by_dcwj.jpg

Thanks

I have something that may work for you...will post it later tonight.

NewJeffCT

First Post
I have something that may work for you...will post it later tonight.

Thanks - looking forward to it.

If I had photoshop and was competent with it, I'd take a stab at touching up that picture to give that pic at least chainmail covering her upper thighs instead of two magical straps.

Remove ads