Picture of Bahamut

arbados

Explorer
Anyone know where I can find a good realistic picture of Bahamut. I have the mini and all, but need a really nice pic to show my half dragon pc what he looks like. He is deciding to worship him and I like to have picture of each of the deities. I have found a few, but none that really stand out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Inyssius

First Post
intheworks_dmd_1.jpg

frankthedm

First Post
Oddly enough, me too! :D
It is a nice picture and the scales look like they took a long time to do. I do think a praying knight in armor kneeling beneath the outstretched wing would have been helpful in establishing... scale;).

I did that picture because Bahamut has always lacked pictures that captured his godly majesty, whereas Tiamat got the lion's (dragon's?) share of attention.
Well an issue with Bahamut is that the artist has to combine impressive monster and saintly majesty. Otherwise one winds up with the Draconian version of a Hallmark angel.

For Tiamat, one just has to draw a wicked looking dragon and have the proportions right to add more heads.

What I am curious about is if any artist have drawn Bahamut as a snakelike Asian Dragon rather than the European dragon. His 1E illustration was just the head and his lieutenants were the expressly Asiatic gold dragons, so it is not like that is outside of canon.

Remove ads