Piece of Mind: a d20 Modern horror/sci fi campaign [METAGAME]

Ranger Rick

First Post
Is it to late to add another PC?

I was going to have a demolitions/thief guy, but I made some major errors and I need to redo the entire sheet. If you are booked up, than it probably is not worth redoing. I was planning to have disable device & demo as key skills.

Last edited:

James Heard

Explorer
I just posted a revised version of Brandon above, hopefully more in line with what you're thinking of.

Falkus: A few points: Sam would have to bounce out after Basic, otherwise he wouldn't have gone through flight school, unless you're saying that he went to a civilian flight school?

Just thinking- how would anyone steal an A-10? :D Sell one illegally maybe, but steal one? They've had embedded GPS systems in them for almost a decade and there's only 65 supposed to be commissioned at any given time - plus they're 13 mil apiece. I haven't even seen where they're cleared for overseas sales? A good source to find military aircraft that you might common to a region can be found in the order of battles at http://www.scramble.nl. Maybe instead of being a stolen aircraft it was a "loner" from the CIA or something? Usually in Africa and South America you're going to see more F-4s, MirageIIIs, Tornados, and such than anything else. There's really no reason to consider buying A-10s I think unless you can be pretty sure that you're going to have air superiority ahead of time.

Sorry, they've been testing them for weeks overhead and I've been driving past them on the flight line - so I've been sort of looking up on them as a curiousity. :) If you know a country besides the US that has them though, I'd be interested in looking them up. Anyways, not trying to spoil the party - I realize it's a game and all that :D It just stuck in my mind, we do a lot of sales of aircraft but I'm pretty sure that A-10s are a US exclusive (and, um, if you're stealing military aircraft from the USAF then you're likely an enormous beat stick waiting to happen upon you since they have your prints and DNA on record from your service obligations). :heh:

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
I was really hoping to get to this tonight, Shaman, but it looks ike it might end up being tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

At least you are recruiting much faster than in that little conflict in Algeria ;)

Falkus

Explorer
A few points: Sam would have to bounce out after Basic, otherwise he wouldn't have gone through flight school, unless you're saying that he went to a civilian flight school?

Yeah, civilian flight school.

Just thinking- how would anyone steal an A-10? Sell one illegally maybe, but steal one? They've had embedded GPS systems in them for almost a decade and there's only 65 supposed to be commissioned at any given time - plus they're 13 mil apiece. I haven't even seen where they're cleared for overseas sales?

The extent of my knowledge concerning the A-10 is that it's got a big freakin' gun on the front. I'll edit my background in a bit.

James Heard

Explorer
Falkus said:
The extent of my knowledge concerning the A-10 is that it's got a big freakin' gun on the front. I'll edit my background in a bit.
Heh, sorry. I'm a military geek. If anyone starts telling me I've got life in a boy band all wrong though, I'd appreciate it because honestly I have no clue beyond the "wears funny clothes/Marky Mark does movies now" information. :D A-10s are really neat though, it's been really fun being able to watch them circle on approach lately. And hey, it was even kind of fun looking up to see if A-10s were anywhere else but in the US because I'd never even thought about it. If they were so purpose-built I imagine someone else might have 'em, but most everyone else that could use them builds their own aircraft I think.

The Shaman

First Post
NightOwl said:
Guess I was too slow on the draw...

Why does RL have to get in the way so often?
Sorry about that, NightOwl. :(

May I keep you listed as an alternate?
James Heard said:
I just posted a revised version of Brandon above, hopefully more in line with what you're thinking of.
Now you've given me something to work with - excellent! Thanks.

I'm going to go over everyone's sheets in more detail as soon as Bobitron's is posted - after that I'll open a Rogues Gallery thread and the game thread.

(Wow, I'm getting whiplash from the lightning speed with which this game came together! :) )

The Shaman

First Post
Falkus said:
Handling mostly helicopters, he flew teams of mercenary commandos to their objectives, waited while they blew up/shot up/kidnapped/rescued/stole said obecjtive, and then flew them out, often being shot at. On two occasions, he handled a MiG fighter jet to level some hard targets, and on a third, he flew a Russian assault helicopter in a ground support mission.
Just a reminder - operating a helicopter or jet without the corresponding Aircraft Operation feat incurs a -4 penalty to Pilot checks.

Remove ads