Piratecat's storyhour reborn! (updated July 4, 2006)

Ashy

First Post
orchid blossom said:
I don't know what PC uses, but my husband uses a digital voice recorder for his game sessions. Then he downloads it onto the computer and listens to it there. If for some reason one of the players is going to write the synopsis for that week he can just send them the audio file.

I sorta do the same thing for my Misfits campaign, except that I record directly to my laptop during the game. I use my laptop as my DM screen/tool throughout the game and simply run mics out on the table so I can catch all the action (with up to 9 players at the time, if everyone shows, there can be alot of this action...). It works pretty well, and then I upload the zip files of the audio to my website (wowweezowwee.com - see sig) after the session where anyone can snag them. :)

We also write story hours (inspired by the great Pkitty himself)...which brings me back on topic - Pcat, where ya be? :)

sheelba

First Post
After several years away from this board (I originally joined when it was Eric Noah's website), I found my memory jogged by DDO. Mainly because I kept wishing PC had been in charge of DDO. Anyway, I found this thread apparently dead. If it really is, (and I have delayed making this post in the hope that PC would reappear), then I would like to say a big thank you to PC and his group for the hours of fun and stimulating ideas, and the spare time which you have freely given. I hope that what every has stopped you from writing up these wonderful tales is as pleasurable to yourself as reading your work has been for us. Much as I want more, I think it fair to say you have given your dues and I hope your campaign keeps getting better and better - even if we don't get to hear about it.

That plus Merry Christmas Defenders of Daybreak, is all.

justinsluder

First Post
Not asking for anything here.

I just want to tell you Mr. Kulp that this work of art is worth reading again and again.
If you ever get back to this thread, I assure you I'll be here, reading and rereading.

Thank you,
Justin Sluder

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
You're kind!

So, when Capellan was out, he said "You going to swing by your story hour and offer people false hope?" Yowtch! But true. I'm in crunch at work (we ship a game in a few months) but I'm writing, in drips and drabs, in my off moments. I'm hoping to have something interesting up as a New Year's present to all of us. Let's see how I do. :)

Capellan

Explorer
Piratecat said:
I'm hoping to have something interesting up as a New Year's present to all of us.

So the answer to my question would be "Yes", then? :p

(He said, blithely ignoring how long it's been since he updated Q-Ship)

the Jester

Legend
Hey PC, I'd love to see more DoD stuff written up someday- but I'm all too aware of how much work a story hour (or multiple ones!) is (are!) to keep up with. Frankly, "story hour fatigue" is something that I can understand- and I can understand that, at a certain point, the agony of the story hour being further and further behind can turn into an agony over getting too far ahead while gaming, especially if your players read your SH feverishly. So don't stress on it, mang! You'll give us something or you won't, and you'll do it in your own time (or not), and either way, I for one have to thank you for all the time that you've put into entertaining us.

Now I have to go back to work. My break's almost over. :lol:

KidCthulhu

First Post
Capellan said:
(He said, blithely ignoring how long it's been since he updated Q-Ship)

Yeah, but it's not New Year's yet where you are, right? On account of it being Summer and the international date line and all. You've got time.

Last edited:

Remove ads