• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pirates in Eberron?

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hobo said:
The way to make sure that it feels "piratey" in my experience is to make sure and give lots of opportunities for dealing with common pirate themes. Ship to ship battles that end on bloody boarding actions and whatnot.

Hi,

It's a bit different but I'm running Skull & Bones at the moment (Story hour: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=176858) and this is very true. I threw all the cliches in plus tons of film and book influences and it's worked very well, probably one of the most enjoyable games I've DM'ed. One thing I'd say is that the perils of sea travel, (navigation etc) get tired quite quickly and we started skimming over the maneuvering in ship to ship battles. Basically, we had an exchange of cannon fire and then straight on to the boarding action.

Eberron will fit the pirate theme really well and I love Anchor!

Cheers

Richard

Kaladhan

First Post
I think my players want to play pirates because they saw the whole Firefly series (thank you DVDs that have a french track since most of my players don't understand english that well).

Four of my six players either had a kid in the last year, or will have one in 6 months. Thus, I'm going to have to change the way we do gaming. Instead of long plots and on-going storylines, we'll do shadowrun type games. The players are hired to perform some crooked deeds, which they have the whole game session to do (about 8-9 hours). If they are unable to finish it in time, I use my DM fiat and decides what happens (and it's usually not in favor of the players, so they shouldn't be arguing for 3 hours on how to open a door).

If you have suggestions on kind of jobs they could be hired, which could feature Eberron's flavor, go ahead!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads