• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pirates of the (Not So) Caribbean

Durandal

First Post
Hey, all. I've got a player who is in search of a pirate class or conversion, and I'm looking for help in finding one, preferrably online. Now I'm not asking for anything copyright-infringing or illegal, just something that's online and easy to access. If, however, the best pirate class, conversion, or analog you can think of is in a print product, please tell me and I'll see if I can check it out. Thanks for any help you can provide.

The CW Swashbuckler is pretty "Piraty" IMO. There's also a Pirate prestige class in Song & Silence. There's the Pirate-Captain prestige class in Netbook of Classes v1. There's the Mariner variant core class in Netbook of Classes v2.

AR

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
I have heard pretty good things about a book called Skull and Bone (at least I think that's what it's called...it's late, I'm sleepy...perhaps someone can clarify...)

Wombat

First Post
Aye, m'hearties, if ye be seekin' o' pirates, it be Green Ronin's Skull & Bones ye be wantin'.

Ye be havin' the followin' extree character classses thereby: Buccaneer (good at survivin' both 'pon land an' sea), Sea Dog (as salty a sort as e're be seen aboard a proper vessel), the Shanty Man (a sea-goin' bard wi'out the magic), and a couple o' magicky sorts for yer voudouns delictation.

(bringing self out of a bad Midlands accent)

Besides, there is just a lot of good, pirate-campaign useful material in the book! It is well worth a look :)

TheAuldGrump

First Post
There is also a pirate numbered amon the Mongoose Publishin Power Class books. They go for about 3 bucks a pop, so while not free it is pretty inexpensive.

The Auld Grump

Remove ads