Planetars and Solars, Upper_Krust, what were your modified CRs?

Hi Anubis mate! :)

Anubis said:
That's right, they have IMPLOSION, which can be worse. Pit Fiends are the ones with Meteor Swarm. (Yet they also have CR 16 in the book AND by your method.) That's just not right. What makes a Balor more powerful?

The vorpal sword is the only difference.

Admittedly 'Implosion' is a nasty spell - but you can always resurrect the victim later. A 16th-level character would probably have an average 50% chance to save. Added to that the Balor only gets it 1/day.

Anubis said:
I do not think a Level 16 party would stand a chance in Hell of defeating a Balor. At least, not without losing AT LEAST one person, maybe two. Between implosion, the vorpal weapon, and Death Throes, how could such a party survive?

Any number of ways; anti-magic shell for one - then pepper the Balor with Arrows of Slaying. Toe-to-toe with a single 16th-level Fighter in an Anti-magic field and I think the Balor would lose.

Anubis said:
I think Balors are okay at CR 18 or CR 19, but the Pit Fiend is FAR more powerful, having Meteor Swarm.

Again thats only 1/day and you get a save for half damage.

Anubis said:
What do you say about Titans and Tarrasque? Obviously they are VERY underrated . . . Titans have more powerful than a Rank 0 or 1 deity, and Tarrasque . . . MY GOD WHAT POWER . . .

As for Planetars, I think CR 20 could be good.

Planetar: these were just annoyingly done - they should have 17HD. Give them 17HD and CR20 - thats my suggestion!
Tarrasque: CR22
Titan: CR22

Remove ads