• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

players making useless characthers

Mixmaster

Explorer
LOL! ROTFLMAO!!!!! :wipes tears:

That post from Jax has to be one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time.

Jeff, god of biscuits

I love it when I heard an Eddie Izzard reference. :D

But seriously:

On a couple of those issues this would have been the conversation:

DM: There's no undead.
PC: I'm an Undead Slayer.
DM: Dude, there's no undead. Pick something else.
PC: I'm an Undead Slayer.
DM: Well, guess you're going to have to sit this out until I run an adventure with undead. I'll call you when that happens.
PC: UHhhhhhh.... OK, Fighter then.

Problem solved. DM's have to put their foot down sometimes. If I have people who are unwilling to "do the right thing" I'll try to work with them or I chuck them.

Setting up a game takes time. Time you don't want to waste by coddling players who don't want to see your vision in what you want for a game. I completely understand that it's the players' game too, but if a player is going to be unreasonable and that it spoils the other players time and enjoyment, STEPS MUST BE TAKEN.

One more time:

GM: Who does your paladin worship troy?
Troy: Jeff, god of biscuits.
GM: There is no Jeff, god of biscuits... I told you where you can choose a god from, so pick a real one.
Troy: It doesn't matter, my guy is a paladin not a cleric
GM: Paladins are supposed to follow a god like a cleric, it's where they get their powers from... so who is your God?
Troy: Told ya, Jeff god of bisquits.
GM: (deep breath) OK, you can pick a proper god OR he will be a Fighter who worships Jeff OR (points to door) you can leave.

Simple as that.

Jax

First Post
*grin*

Mix,

"PC: I'm an Undead Slayer.
DM: Well, guess you're going to have to sit this out until I run an adventure with undead. I'll call you when that happens.
PC: UHhhhhhh.... OK, Fighter then."

That's basically what happened in that game.

anyways, enjoy... :)

Zappo

Explorer
Mmm, there's a smell in the air... it's either a troll, or a gaming group that's going to go down in flames sooner or later.

Thorntangle

First Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

There's nothing better than the airing of dirty laundry gamer style.

Last edited:

Remove ads